Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thousand Springs

Today my work schedule kinda went to crap. People keep cancelling their appointments....and when that happens, I get sent home.

So today I got off at 12:30. I ask you 12:30?!!! It wouldn't be that bad except I got sent home at 3:00 yesterday too. I'm losing so many hours....but what can you do. It's a job and I'm grateful.

So we decided that since we had some free time today, we should take the family swimming. We decided to go to thousand springs, since we've never been there. It's about 30 minutes from where we live. It's a nice pool. And very warm. I'm pretty sure they're open year round too....which is good to know because if we ever get bored in the winter.....we can go for a swim. Anyway.....some details about Caleb when it comes to swimming.....

The kid's a frady-cat! He's SOOO terrified of getting his face wet, or getting water in his ears, or eyes, or mouth. Or getting splashed. Or sinking. He's PARANOID!

When we first climbed into the pool, he had a DEATH-GRIP around my neck, and would not let go. I tried to hold him on his tummy so he could practice kicking his legs a little. Oh no. He wouldn't let go of my neck. I don't know what his deal is. Parker can throw him 10 feet in the air (not literally....but close I swear) and he doesn't even care. He'll jump off the counter tops into your arms.....six feet away. But he won't jump off the edge of the pool into your arms. I can't quite figure it out. Except that my mom says I was EXACTLY the same way when I was a kid. We really have to be patient with him, because he's really GENUINELY freaked out. and even though we say "I won't let go." or "I won't let you sink" he's still so scared. I know the only thing that will make it go away is to keep on taking him swimming.


There's a little kid's swimming area that's 2 feet deep....separated by a wall. He LOVED that. Wasn't scared then. Although he did slip once and fell, and his whole head went under. He came up so stunned! He didn't even get any up his nose. No choking. He was like, "Whoa!" He wanted to cry....except there was no reason to cry....cuz he was fine. So he said, "I fell!" And I said, "Yeah! You're fine too!" And that was the end of it!

Parker's the REAL water baby! He could swim all day and just love it! I hope we get a pool someday.....Parker would go swimming EVERY day I just know it.
Now Angie. She has no choice but to trust us. And she did AWESOME in the water!! We put her in the little baby float tube.....which kept her head just above water if her arms were tucked in. Towards the end....she started kicking and splashing! It was so cute! She totally loved it!
We swam for over 3 hours I think....or close to it. We really had a blast!
I have one thing to say about that diving board. The tall one. I watched Parker jump off.....no big deal. It doesn't look that high when you're in the water looking up. But then I climbed up there. OH MY GOSH! I felt like a 7 year old child again. And when I was 7.....that diving board FREAKED me out. I stood there for like 30 seconds before building up the courage to step off (no jumping....that's too scary). I'm such a scardy-cat I know.....I don't blame my son at all. I know it's because of me he's like that. But I'll tell you ...... I only jumped off that high-dive like 2 times. I just thought it was a little too much for me.


These pictures are some of the best....my camera really isn't good at stopping motion. We get a lot of blurry pictures. I'm wondering if it's time for a new one.....we've had it for 2 years now. How long is a camera supposed to last. I don't remember the pictures being blurry before...
Here's some videos from our day!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
I think it's funny because LouAnna is the exact way that Caleb is--afraid of large bodies of water. She always has been, even when she was a baby.
Ambry loves the water and is a little water baby. I think it's funny how different they are.