Thursday, July 10, 2008

Taking Charge of Tetanus


Okay so the funniest thing happened yesterday. Parker and I went with Anna and Alex to float this river in Kuna (which, by the way, was -I think- WAY better than the Boise river) and so we got this raft, and a couple of squirtguns and then we went down this river. There was a good amount of rapids, and this one part has this little waterfall, and if you don't hit it just right, the under-current will make you get stuck at the bottom of the waterfall. Anna told us we wouldn't get stuck because we were in a raft instead of a tube....however Alex was in front of us in a tube, and HE got stuck at the bottom of the waterfall. So when we came in behind him we hit him dead-on and we got stuck too. We couldn't even get out till their friend jumped out and pulled us out. It was kinda scary, but mostly I just laughed and screamed the entire time. It was so much fun. When it was over, Anna had to get her babysitter home cuz we were fifteen minutes later than we'd said we'd be...so Anna and I ran back to the house. And at one point, we have to go over a wire fence, and there was this wire sticking straight up and I TOTALLY didn't see it. I scratched my thigh above the knee, and then when I felt the scratch, I bent my knee in reaction and then the wire scratched above my ankle too. I didn't think much of it, but when we got back to the house, they were both bleeding a bit. So when I showed Alex, he asked me when the last time was I had a tetanus shot. I couldn't remember. Turns out it's been eleven years. So today I went to the health department and got myself a tetanus shot. OUCH! I'll take a shot in the mouth ANY DAY over one of those. (I know...only a dental hygienist would say something like that). So at the bottom of this post is some pictures of my scratches, and my pink band-aid. Okay, so to get to the point. When we got home, I was putting Caleb in his pajamas, and David walked by and said, "Caleb, are you taking a bath?" I said "No, we're just putting on his jammies." However, not the idea was now in his head. Once his clothes were on, he ran into the bathroom and I went into the kitchen. Ten minutes later, I realized I hadn't heard Caleb make a sound for a while, and so I went to find him. I went into the bathroom and found him, fully clothed, in the bathtub. Which (not to my knowledge) was full of water. I said "Caleb! what are you doing?" and he says, "BATH!!" I just started laughing. What a funny kid. He never fails to surprise us.









These pictures with the ice cream are from my dad's birthday party, which was celebrated on Sunday, but actually happened yesterday. Caleb had his first ice cream cone and of course he made a mess with it. Happy birthday Dad!





















One last thing. I was thinking of this as I was sitting in the car today. I LOVE TO LISTEN TO MUSIC......LOUD. There are a lota songs on the radio right now that I really like (I have recently taken a break from my five years of listening to country. It's not that I don't like country music anymore, I'm just NEVER in the mood to listen to it anymore! Anyway, The opening song for this post is one of the songs that I was jammin' out to in my car today. I am totally one of those people who sit in the car and just sings and dances as big and loud as I can....and all the other people at the intersection just stare and laugh. I don't care. I've decided that there was a reason why I went to stake dances so much when I was in High School. Sure, to meet the boys, but honestly I just love to dance to the music....and I like it LOUD. I've decided I need to go out and dance more. The last dance I went to was new years eve 3 years ago. How sad is that?! Maybe I'll throw a party sometime....when I get my own pad or something. Ok. There's my story. Turn up the music! It's GREAT!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

LOL I love thoes pictures of Caleb in the bath tub. I think Lydia would have done the same thing. That is so funny! And if you as me I wouldn't choose a shot in the mouth over anything. No thank you. At least not like the last time I had shots in my mouth, however that was not a great experience.

Jill and Travis said...

Heather! Sorry I have not posted comments for awhile! I love getting your emails so I know when your blog is updated. The pictures of Caleb are so dang cute. His haricut looks great! I like the fuzzy. And the bathtub, that is great. I always have everyone look at your updates! They enjoyed the high heels. Anyway, I am glad you got a tetanus shot and that everything else seems to be going well! Good job on your WREB, too! You passed! YAY! Well, this is getting too long. Miss you guys too and you should get Ticket to Ride. It is a great investment!

Anna Beal said...

Love the song! I tried to get it on my Blog but didn't know the name...The River...A BLAST! I totally want to do it again before the water is too low. Sorry about the shot thing too. Now the music thing...I'm sorry but country is so "one style"! I'm glad your back on the POP scene. I'm also with you on the "LOUD" thing. I love to dance to fun..Loud music as well....what are you? My sister?

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

I love all the cute pictures! Seriously....it makes our day every time we get on Blog and see new pictures of your family. It's the only way we can really keep connected ya know? We love you guys and are so excited to see you in a month! And...Parker's Birthday!!! How old is he gonna be? 21?