Well lets face it. I've been wanting to get back into shape since.....well after Caleb was born. About 8 months after graduating DH school.... I did really well. I went running 4 days a week and I was eating really well. I was also living with my in-laws. I didn't have to worry about cooking every day and the pressures of caring for your own home were not there. And lets not forget, it was just Caleb. But I noticed results very quickly, and was quite excited about it. But not long after that, I started my job in Twin Falls, and then got pregnant with Angie. Progress completely halted. I've had a few feeble attempts over the past 2 years....and obviously we all know where that went. Here's a few things that I'm FED UP with.
* My clothes not fitting. I have a large selection of clothes that are about 1 to 2 sizes too small. And here's the kicker.....THEY USED TO FIT! Which means I'm not shrinking....I'm growing.
* I HATE the way I look in pictures. My face, my arms, and OF COURSE my waist. It all looks wrong. Too big. All pictures of me taken since Angie was born....I hate.
* I'm tired of bending over a roll anytime I need to pick something up. Or how it pooches out when I sit.
* When I bought those shorts I mentioned about 2 posts ago.....they are SIZE 14!! Now I realize I'm not in High School anymore. 2 kids takes its toll (obviously) but I'm pushing plus-sizes now. That's where I draw the line. I will NOT wear plus-size clothes.
So here we go. This time is different because I'm setting a time limit. This is for 90 days. If I WANT to continue after that. Then I will. If I DON'T want to continue after that, then I won't. But for some reason it's quite motivating to know that there's an END to this challenge. Because it IS VERY challenging!
Some rules.
#1 NOTHING is AGAINST the rules. If we're having a family night out at the restaurant, or a free lunch with the office. I'm getting what I want. No guilt. I'll do the best I can while preparing my own meals, but I'm not gonna make myself miserable. If I want a cookie. I'll eat a cookie. But here I draw the line at eating LOTS of cookies (which I usually do when I eat cookies...or any snack for that matter).
#2 Exercise 4-5 days a week. And another challenge....I'm doing it in the morning. It's too hard after work. Hungry, tired and cranky kids make this IMPOSSIBLE. And by the time they ARE in bed, the LAST thing I wanna do is work out for 30 minutes. So I get up at 6:00 and am done by 6:30.
#3 Pack my lunch every day, so I'm not tempted to eat out.
#4 Weigh-in once a week, and photos every 3 weeks. I still haven't decided if the photos will be posted or not. I want to make myself accountable in hopes that it'll keep me going. I WILL show them all at the end if I decide to NOT post them right away.
#5 Goal: 2 lbs a week (hopefully more). Target weight: 135 lbs. (I know that doesn't add up once you see my starting weight....but we'll just see how it goes ok).
So that's it! Cut out as much fat as possible, complex carbs whenever possible. But most importantly....no eating out (which will cut out deep-fried foods and hence, a MAJORITY of the calories from fat that tend to enter my system).
OH! #6 Drink lots of water. I've heard you'll lose an average of....(I don't actually know how much) but SOME pounds each year just by drinking water regularly. I can do that!
So today is actually DAY 2. Cuz I didn't have time to blog yesterday. But I've been getting up and running in the morning. And can I just say that I'm SOOOO SORE! It hurts to bend over, or squat, or walk, or stand up. I can't WAIT for this phase to be over. It's quite painful.
Starting weight: 167.2 lbs Yeah can you BELIVE it's that much?! Ick. Here we go! Motivation right there!
I promise not to talk about this ALL THE TIME. But I will report my weekly weight, and possibly a picture every 3 weeks just to keep myself accountable. Wish me luck people! This time it's for real. I WILL be a success story.
2 comments:
I think this is awesome Heather!! I can't wait to see your progress & I'll be here to cheer you on!
Hey I'm doing the same thing. no diet, just eating smarter, and smaller portions. One thing Mark and I like to do is drink a glass of water before you eat. (it's hard at breakfast) But it helps you get your water in, and it helps you control your portions at meal times.
Post a Comment