I'm sure my readers are well versed in my complaints about my skin. White. Very white. Pasty white. Disgusting. I can't even say how much I hate it. I'm always teased about its "brightness." Words like "reflection" and "fluorescent" and "mayonaise" have also been used. It's true if I'd lived in the 1920's I might have been revered as a "fair-skined beauty." However. Nowdays we wear swimsuits and show skin above our wrists and ankles. So the "fairness" is more often given a "dang she's white" instead of a porcelain doll admiration. And I've ALWAYS been this way. And if I DO get some sun.....I just freckle. I used to joke that if I got ENOUGH sun, my freckles would just start to combine and eventually mesh together. Hah. I just don't get out as much as I'd like. Especially working 4 days a week. Oh well. However this is NOT what this post is about.
My sister suggested something to me. It's a product I HAVE heard of. And it's been out for a few years. But I've tried all kinds of sunless tans and "fake bake." BUT. This stuff has prooven different for me:

I finally tried it I thought, "I'll have to use this stuff for weeks to make any difference." Nope. I noticed color after the FIRST DAY. Now mind you.....I have a BRIGHT foundation.....so the slightest bit of color will show up tremendously. After 3 days I felt like I've had the best tan of my life (because.....I've never been tan in my life.) I went and bought myself 2 new pairs of shorts. Not capris. Shorts. Bermeudas of course, but SHORTS! The color bought confidence! And even a few compliments from my husband. I do believe the word "sexy" might've even been used. What? ME? Ok. maybe a little biased coming from my husband....but I'll take it! Since he's the only one that matters anyway!
Now when I have to put on that swimsuit, I can be self-conscious about needing to lose weight or something else instead of my crazy-white skin. And a little confidence about my skin, is all it takes to bring about that motivation to get back into shape. Now lets be honest. I've started THINKING about getting back into shape again. That doesn't mean I'm working out yet. It just crosses my mind once in a while again. Maybe when it cools down a little.... ;-)
1 comment:
So glad you took my advice. I love self tanner cuz lets be honest...tanning takes time and sometimes money...it doesn't stick around long...and oh yah...skin cancer runs in the family :(
Post a Comment