I decided to go to Boise this weekend, since Parker is off hiking in the mountains for the next few days. Friday I stopped at my mom's office and tried to get some x-rays of Angie. I have just been DYING to know how many teeth she's gonna get. I'd pretty much already admitted to myself that she's gonna have problems just like her brother. Ectodermal Dysplasia is genetic. Yes, it's supposed to be rare. But I guess not for my little family. She has her 4 front teeth, and they're shaped pretty weird. Kinda jagged and conical. As she approaches 18 months, I pretty much decided that it's possible there might not be any more coming.
Well at Dr. Emory's office we tried to get her to bite on an x-ray. Hah. should've known better than that. I can hardly even get her mouth open to brush her teeth. Then we decided maybe we could get her to hold still long enough for a pano. We knew it'd be blurry, since there's NO WAY she'd hold still for the entire time, but maybe just long enough to see a few teeth?
We tried 3 times. The first 2 she kept turning her head and looking around. The third time, by some MIRACLE she just stared at herself at the mirror, and only turned her head once at the very end. Here's what we got:
Can you believe it?!! My miss Angie not only has teeth, she has ALL OF HER TEETH! I started to cry the second I saw them. "She has so many!" I just kept saying over and over. "Look at all of them!" I counted them over and over again. Twelve on the bottom for sure. At least 10 on the top, and maybe more. What a miracle! I am so grateful my baby girl held still long enough to give me this peace of mind. It looks like the teeth are sharp and pointy like Caleb's. But.....they're THERE!! Wow. My Angie won't have to wear dentures.
What a good day!!
2 comments:
It's amazing what we take for granted isn't it! I am so happy to hear Angie will be getting all her teeth! Congrats!
This is such wonderful news!! I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment