This summer has been pretty fun. And mostly busy, which isn't always fun (if you know what I mean). We've made more progress on the house....slow but steady. Now that the porch is finished, we're attempting to do the back yard. The first step was mowing. And mowing waist-high weeds is no picnic. But we got them all down finally. And after they've been sprayed we've got a guy in our ward who will go back there with some equipment and level the ground. After that, we'll spray some hydro-seed and hopefully have a yard starting to grow by the end of this fall.

Parker went backpacking with Tory and Alex. I've been told they had a really good time..... but while they were gone I went to Boise for the weekend to spend time with my parents and sisters. And Caleb got to play with his cousins. There is something special about the cousin relationship.

From my own childhood, I remember our trips to Missouri were always the highlight of my summer. I had so many cousins, and even though we hardly ever got to see eachother.....when we DID, it was like we were all best friends, or siblings.....or maybe the perfect combination of both = cousins. Caleb LOVES to play with his cousins. They play hard all day, and before the sun can go down, they're all EXHAUSTED and cranky and hungry because they've been too busy playing all day to eat anything significant.

Caleb had a blast that weekend. We also went to the "Hydrotube" on Warm Springs Ave. According to my sister- it's the only water slide where they let the parents go down the slide WITH their child (which is good because Caleb can't swim......even a little bit). But he just thought that was THE GREATEST!! It's a rather long water slide, and you should've heard those excited little giggles as we went down. And once we reached the bottom, each time he'd say "Lets do it again! Lets do it again!!"

Well anyway. We went back to Twin on the 4th and watched the city fireworks with daddy. It turned out that I missed the majority of the fireworks because Angie kept trying to run out on the street. (A VERY busy street....Washington Ave to be exact). But the fireworks were still good.

The following week our babysitter was on vacation....so the kids spent the next 3 days at Grandma Lyons's house. It was nice but I sure missed them. I was able to go to the temple after work, and Parker and I went to see the new "Pirates of the Carribean" movie. It was nice to be able to do some things JUST with Parker for a few days. Even though I was quite hesitant to be away from my babies for 3 whole days. We survived. :)
This summer we are also planning a trip to Hell's Canyon, Lagoon, and then it'll be Fair week and then school will start! Summer will be over before we know it! And hopefully at the end of it all, we'll have some grass growing in the back yard. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment