near Hagerman for some swimming. The picture below is not actually one I took. I found it on the web. I just wanted you to see it's an indoor pool with a slide and diving boards. As well as a 2 ft kid's area. We were there for about 45 minutes when the rest of the family showed up. My parents came and they brought Dejah and Mycah. Tory and Melissa also brought their entire family. Caleb was SOOO excited to have his cousins with him on his birthday!!
I'm sorry to say, I didn't get any pictures swimming. Dejah and Chase turned into little daredevils! They jumped off the diving boards, and then the HIGH DIVE! They started off wearing water wings arm floaties....but towards the end they took those off too! I couldn't believe it. Caleb was not so brave. But I DID convince him to go down the slide a few times. (Parents aren't allowed to go down the slide WITH their child.) So I waited at the bottom and caught him. We all had so much fun!After nearly 3 hours at the pool, we went home and met up with Grandma and Grandpa Lyons and aunt Jayne. We had BBQ lunch and then Caleb FINALLY got to open his presents. He had a few friends and neighbors come over for the party as well. It's been a week now, and he's STILL singing "Happy Birthday" to himself.
He really hauled in the gifts! We only got him two....but he had so many people there, that he really did get way too many presents!


After the party was over, Melissa and Tory took their family back home. And grandma and grandpa spent the night (which meant Dejah and Mycah got to spend the night too!) Parker and I took advantage of the extra adults at home and ran off to see "Harry Potter 7B" at the movie theatre. When we got home (not even 9:00) Caleb had CRASHED. Dejah and Mycah were still awake.
Sunday the kids played. We walked the kids over to the park and then everyone left around noon. The girls were pretty worn out, and Mycah was really missing her mommy. I'm so glad they got to come and celebrate with Caleb though. He loves his cousins so much!!!We were so glad everybody came for Caleb's birthday!! He really is a special boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment