Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Weekend With Grandma & Grandpa Lyons

So on Caleb's birthday we went to Burley to spend the weekend with grandma & grandpa Lyons. The pictures are from Garrett's baseball game (the last one of the season).


This is uncle Garrett holding Caleb after his game.




it looks like parker and garrett are arguing in this picture but they're not. Just talking.






Parker was throwing Calrb in the air so high! Caleb thinks it's hilarious. And whenever he stops Caleb says, "again?"




















Allright, so I have a few other things to write about in this post. Grandma and Grandpa Lyons gave Caleb a bike for his birthday!! He thinks it's great too. He still needs help riding it....he can't quite figure out how to push the pedals.....but I honestly don't think it'll take long.
Also some new news....Monday and Tuesday I started working. Let me tell you.....dental hygiene is a hard thing to do all day!! I can tell my body is outa shape, cuz after only two days of working I was WORN OUT! However, I am doing exactly what I wanted to. The office I'm working in has a LOT of root-planing and not very many prophys. So I feel like I'm actually using my skills. I get two hours for each half of the mouth....however the first appointment I also have to do full mouth x-rays and probing. And that usually takes an hour right there. So I usually get one hour for half the mouth, and two hours for the other half. I wonder if I can get them to even that out?....I'll have to ask. I've been using my own instruments, because I'm working for a dentist that just bought the practice, and the dentist before him didn't wanna spend any more money on a practice he's just gonna sell. So needless to say they're crap. So I'm using my own for now, and they've already ordered me some new ones. I'm really enjoying work though. I think as soon as my body gets back into shape, and used to sitting in those difficult positions every day, I won't be so worn out each day. I'm so gald I'm root-planing too! I gave six injections in one day! And then the one prophy I DID have that day, I was almost bored cuz there was no calculus. I finished almost twenty minutes early. I'll bet this all sounds like jibberish to lots of you, so I'll give no more details. But to my DH friends, it's really a dream job. The dentist put me entirely in charge of the hygiene program in the office. My first task: to get re-evals established. Can you believe they never did re-evals before?!! That's gotta change for sure. But it's nice, cuz I'm allowed and encouraged to make all the changes that I need to. I'm really excited to get to know all the patients. Except.....about half of them speak ONLY SPANISH!! YIKES! That's a bit of a problem. However the front-office girl said she'd interpret whenever I needed her. And so did the dentist. But I'm gonna have Parker teach me some stuff to say as well. OKAY i'm done talking about work. If you can't tell I'm excited! Sorry I haven't been posting as much, but if you haven't figured it out....I'm a working girl now!!

3 comments:

John and Robyn said...

I absolutely love the picture of Caleb so high in the air! He looks like he is having so much fun!! I can't wait to come home and see you guys!! Only like 13 days until we come home! Hooray!

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

I am so glad you're taking lots of really good pictures! They seriously make me happy! I am getting more ancy to come home and see everyone but I have to admit I'm a little bit more excited to see Lucas and Caleb cuz they're 2 of my most favorite boys! See ya in a week and a half!

Sarah said...

congratulations on your job, that is awesome. And thoes were great pictures, I really liked the one of Caleb up in the air. how could that NOT be fun!