Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Broken Habit

I, the every two days blogger, haven't had anything to write about in the past four days. I had a job interview, and it's pretty much mine if I want it, but it's only two days a week. And I need a full-time job......with health insurance because ISU student insurance expires in August (yeah....expirED in August.....livin' on a prayer here). And you don't get insurance unless you're full time. Plus....(and this is the kicker right here) I WANT A HOUSE!! I want to move outa my parent's house and get my own four walls and a ceiling. I'm so not sure how that's gonna happen by the end of this year. Every other house in the world is for sale right now, we just need an income to pick one. It's quite discouraging.

However......on a lighter note, since it has now been almost twenty one days, (the amount of time it takes to make or break a habit)...I believe it's safe to declare that I, a nail-biter since birth, have broken my habit of biting my nails. And do you wanna know how I did it? I painted them. I mean I've painted my nails before......like once, and then it peels off and I don't do it again for a long time. But, I painted my toenails for Hells Canyon, and my mom said I should do my fingernails too. Now. I don't really LIKE having my nails painted, cuz it just shows off how short they are. But once it was done, I just left them alone. AND! (here's the kicker) I re-painted them every other day, to keep them looking nice. And now, three weeks later I have two to three millimeters of nail on each finger. And my terrible habit is BROKEN. I just thought you should all know. Cuz it was a pretty serious problem for me. Especially during tests, before interviews, and when I'm really nervous. But not anymore.....those days are over.

2 comments:

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

good job Heather! So proud of you ;)

Todd and Kaila Myers said...

That's pretty amazing and I'm so proud of you! Of all the nail-biters I've known, you were the bite-iest of them all. But way to go! Keep it up and you'll have beauty queen nails in no time!