Sunday, September 7, 2008

Some Things About Parker

1. He loves getting his back scratched.....or his head. Don't touch his hair unless you're ready for a full-out head to back scratch for at least ten minutes. It's a daily ritual for us. If only I had nails.....poor guy. He hardly ever says anything though. Don't worry babe, I'm growing them out....or I'm trying.
2. According to my brother, he has one of the strongest grips EVER! The other day Derek and Parker wrestled for like a half and hour, and later on Derek told me that Parker has REALLY strong arms, and that out of all the people he's wrestled (wish is a lot...cuz he goes to a mixed-martial-arts gym) Parker has had the strongest grip BY FAR!! 3. He loves to read, just like I do. He doesn't always have time to crack open a book, but when he does, he's just as difficult to pull away as I am.4. He's extremely smart. One of the smartest people I know. He has a gift for math and physics, and a buncha other stuff that I can't even begin to comprehend. He hardly even has to try to do well in those things.
5. He loves baseball......and he misses it a lot. Now that he's all grown up, the only ball he'll get to play is coaching his son's little-league team. And it kinda makes him sad, cuz he loves the game, and he'd play for the rest of his life if he had the opportunity. 6. On our first date, he told me that he was one of the happiest people I'd ever met. And it's still true to this day. He's always telling me to lighten up, and he really does keep me laughing.
7. He talks in his sleep......a lot. When we first got married, he even spoke Spanish in his sleep. Now, it hardly wakes me up anymore....but sometimes he still gets me.....when he's freaking out about a spider in the bed that's not really there or something.
8. He'll never consent to watching a romantic comedy with me....but if I'm watching one when he gets home, he'll watch (and laugh) with me.
9. He's a DO-ER! He always has to be busy doing something, cuz he hates being bored.
10. Sometimes when he's showering, at the end he'll turn the temperature down till he can't stand it. He thinks cold showers are invigorating! I guess opposites attract on that one eh?
11. I'm pretty sure he can't stand it when I ask for something he can't give to me. I think it makes him feel bad....and then he always finds a way to get it anyway.
12. His almond eyes are a dominant trait that will, I'm sure, pass on to nearly every single chile we have...........and I absalutely love them.
13. He loves his red down-feather blanket I gave him while we were dating.
14. He falls asleep in front of the TV all the time, and once he's out....he's IMPOSSIBLE to move.
15. He's the BEST gift-giver in the world! Every Christmas and Birthday he manages to surprise me with the GREATEST gifts! And of course it's always something I always wanted, but never asked for. 16. He loves to play board and card games too.When we were dating.....we spent HOURS and HOURS playing cards together.
17. He always has to be bouncing a foot, or a leg when he's sitting. He's a fully-grown man and he still can't sit still.
18. He did an AWESOME job taking care of Caleb this summer. He is an amazing dad. 19. He has a beautiful testimony and I love to hear him share it. It makes me cry almost every time.
20. I know there is nothing more important to him than me and Caleb. And he is also so glad that we will be together forever.

2 comments:

Anna Beal said...

Did this post make you miss him even more? I bet it did.

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

that's my brother alright!