Every day, Caleb reminds me that he's two. Not only can he tell you himself...."Caleb how old are you?"..............."Um......two!" but his actions never fail to remind me.....EVERY DAY. The toilet paper strung all over the bathroom. Every parent knows it's in the cards. It's never a question IF my kid is going to do that....it's just WHEN. Of course! When they're two!
So yesterday I found Caleb in the pantry, and there was a bag of frito chips that was already opened. He was of course eating them (he loves chips). I took it away from him and he totally threw a tantrum. (that's kinda a new thing as well.....the tantrums just keep on getting worse). So then I gave him some soft potato chips. Then I went back to watch t.v. and a few minutes later, Caleb came in and said, "'ssss a mess!" So now I'm thinking.....oh no. Where's the mess? And he takes my hand and leads me into the kitchen. Sure enough, he wanted more chips and had tried to get them himself, and....made a mess. The chair was moved, and the chips were dumped on the counter, the chair, and the floor.
So today I decided it was time to start taking Caleb to the library. He just wanted to run all around the place, and I was trying to get us some library cards. Of course there's signs everywhere, "Please do not let children play with computers". "Please do not let children play with ropes" "Please do not leave children unattended" "Please do not set children on the counter." And OF COURSE, Caleb wanted to do ALL OF THESE THINGS! And whenever I picked him up to stop him, he's scream, "No no no no no!!!" and kick his feet. IN THE LIBRARY!! Augh! I guess it's time for punishment for tantrums, I swear it's totally new though. I promise I don't just let my kid kick and scream whenever he doesn't get what he wants. He's just........TWO! So I finally got him to focus, and he picked out a thomas the train movie all by himself, and I picked out some books for him, and a mickey mouse movie. Then I took him to the park (which was empty....weird) for about fifteen minutes and then we went home and he took a nap. Augh! Two year olds are EXHAUSTING!
So yesterday I found Caleb in the pantry, and there was a bag of frito chips that was already opened. He was of course eating them (he loves chips). I took it away from him and he totally threw a tantrum. (that's kinda a new thing as well.....the tantrums just keep on getting worse). So then I gave him some soft potato chips. Then I went back to watch t.v. and a few minutes later, Caleb came in and said, "'ssss a mess!" So now I'm thinking.....oh no. Where's the mess? And he takes my hand and leads me into the kitchen. Sure enough, he wanted more chips and had tried to get them himself, and....made a mess. The chair was moved, and the chips were dumped on the counter, the chair, and the floor.
So today I decided it was time to start taking Caleb to the library. He just wanted to run all around the place, and I was trying to get us some library cards. Of course there's signs everywhere, "Please do not let children play with computers". "Please do not let children play with ropes" "Please do not leave children unattended" "Please do not set children on the counter." And OF COURSE, Caleb wanted to do ALL OF THESE THINGS! And whenever I picked him up to stop him, he's scream, "No no no no no!!!" and kick his feet. IN THE LIBRARY!! Augh! I guess it's time for punishment for tantrums, I swear it's totally new though. I promise I don't just let my kid kick and scream whenever he doesn't get what he wants. He's just........TWO! So I finally got him to focus, and he picked out a thomas the train movie all by himself, and I picked out some books for him, and a mickey mouse movie. Then I took him to the park (which was empty....weird) for about fifteen minutes and then we went home and he took a nap. Augh! Two year olds are EXHAUSTING!
5 comments:
O no- I don't look forward to those tantrums getting worse. Taylor has this ear piercing scream lately when I have to take something away from her that she can't have. I'm thinking it might be a real problem soon if I don't change something.
This story had me and Liz laughing. We can only imagine what we're in for when that day comes for us. It sounds like there is never a dull moment in the Lyon's home.
PS- I ended up getting the LG Dare, I couldn't resist. That's where our videos come from now.
Lydia has unrolled the tp too. But luckly mark caught her jsut as she started so it wasn't a huge mess...this time.
Lydia saw the picture of the potty and she said "A poddy! A PODDY!" And then she saw Caleb. " A Kay-uh! A Kay-uh! Oh A Kay-uh!"
I'm glad she remembers Caleb. It was very cute.
Oh this all sounds so familiar!! Dejah was TERRIBLE, Mycah is already starting and she's only 1 1/2...I think that comes with being a girl. Good luck on the punishments, of course it is totally necessary.
What a trouble maker! Just like his daddy! ha ha just kidding! Can't wait to see ou guys!
Post a Comment