Sunday, September 21, 2008

Harvest

Fall is my FAVORITE time of year! It means sweaders, and scarves, and boots, and blue-jeans, and hoodies, and relief from the blistering heat. It means thunderstorms, and football, and corn on the cob and pumpkins. Today we took the kids outside and let each of them pick a pumpkin.

Then they carried those pumpkins all the way in from the garden to the house so they could show them to grandma. And then we sat them down and let them color the pumpkins.
The kids thought it was great. Melissa and I drew some pumpkin faces on paper and then let the kids each pick a face for their pumpkin. The one on the right is Dejah's. You can tell Caleb's and Mycah's cuz we just put their names on them, cuz they weren't interested in coloring the pumpkins. The one on the far left is Tyler's, and the one next to it is Chase's.

Tyler LOVED the silly face on his pumpkin. He just kept staring at it, and he even colored his pumpkin a little bit.










Today is also the day we celebrated Derek and David's birthdays. Today IS David's birthday actually (happy birthday Dave). So we had german chocolate cake and sang happy birthday to the boys. The kids of course LOVE singing that song! I think Caleb thought it was his birthday again, cuz he blew out the candles and opened a present all on his own. And the new razor scooter that David got, Caleb was pretty convinced it was for him to ride and nobody else. Needless to say we had to take it away.

And here's adorable little Mycah. I'm not sure what she was looking for in her shirt.








Oh I should also mention another thing that happened today (for journal's sake more than anything). But Caleb woke up with a fever today, and he ran a temperature all day. He wasn't miserable or anything, he just always felt hot. But tonight it seemed to get worse, and he was just sitting on my lap. He didn't wanna do anything really except have me hold him. So we gave him some medicine and had my dad give him a priesthood blessing. I hope he sleeps okay tonight. I might need to get up in the middle of the night and check his temperature. But I hope this thing is gone tomorrow. He doesn't have a stuffy nose, or any other symptoms. But he's definately hot. We're guessing an ear infection, although he usually shows signs for that too. But we'll see I guess.

Dejah's making a funny face. She's sucha cutie!
And here's Chase with his pumpkin. They had lots of fun!
Okay everybody, get out and enjoy the Fall before it's gone! (cuz even though it's the best season, it's also the shortest). I think I'm gonna actually cut up a pumpkin and get it frozen so I will have some for pies and cookies for the rest of the year. YUM!










1 comment:

Sarah said...

We are starting to see fall too. It's still warm enough to wear shorts, but we finaly have the crisp cool air in the morning and the temps are staying in the 70's And I've even had to wear a hoodie twice already. I love hoodies.
I hope Caleb starts doing better too. That is hard on both the kid and Mommy.