Monday, September 22, 2008

Positive for STREP

Well, I took Caleb to the doctor today. He ran a fever all night last night, and he woke up SEVERAL times completely covered in sweat. And when I got him up in the middle of the night for some more medicine, he decided he didn't want to take it. So I had to force it, cuz I REALLY didn't wanna have to throw him in a cold bath. Luckily after the forcing was over, he got over it, and went back to sleep. Poor kid. So this morning I took him to the doctor, and I was pretty much suspecting that he had an ear infection. However, if you can't deduce from the headline....he tested positive for strep throat. POOR CALEB!! I, personally, have never had strep but I've heard it sucks. I honestly think I might be immune, cuz (as I said) I've never had it before.....and goodness knows I've been around it. AND, I always eat Caleb's leftover food, or drink....or share my food etc. There's NO way that I shouldn't have it too.....unless I just can't get it. I won't jinx myself incase I really am THAT lucky, but still......it makes you wonder.

OH! Update number two. Today Caleb crawled out of his big crib. I put him down for his nap, and 45 minutes later he came up the stairs looking for me. Then he did it again tonight for bedtime. AUGH!! I'm not ready to forefit the crib! He's such a little acrobat! Luckily he's stayed there after I've put him back the second time. I hope this doesn't get worse.

Update number three.....we got Caleb his own training toilet seat. He's been telling me when he's poopy, and he tries to take his clothes off when he is. So I guess it's time to at least get ready to potty-train. (I NEVER imagined myself having to potty-train my BABY!) When did he get big enough for all this?!! Sigh.

P.s. Why is amoxicillin always PINK?!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, we are potty training at the same time. It takes a lot of patience, espically when they go 5 days of sitting on the potty lots and not go.But it's very exciting for both when they finaly do go. Good luck with eve1rything.

amy said...

Sorry to hear about Caleb. Hope he gets feeling better.
Also, we're having a boy. I never posted it on our blog because my dad wants to be surprised and we're all doing our best not to tell him. I didn't want him to accidently stumble across it on the blog. So there you have it.
Next time we're in Boise, we'll call you... although that may not be for quite some time. I don't really have any huge desires to travel while really pregnant or with a newborn, you know?

Anna Beal said...

I think you've just jinxed yourself in this blog...just watch..you will get strep next week.

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

STREP SUCKS! Remember when we were in town for fair and I had strep? Talk about ruining my vacation! I couldn't even enjoy my much desired fair food like I wanted to! Poor Caleb. Give the kid a smooch for me and tell him Aunt Jayne loves him! We move home in 3 weeks from tomorrow! YAH!