ySo we dressed up in our green (except Caleb....cuz even though I actuall
y went to the store and bought him a green shirt for the occasion.....today he got a bloody nose and it got all over his new green shirt, so we had to put a different one on. Anyway, we dressed in green and showed up thirty minutes early for the game. This was also Burley's first game on their new field with the new lights. It's REALLY nice. Caleb was pretty excited for the first few minutes of the game, but for some reason he woke up at six thirty this morning and so he was TIRED by seven thirty tonight. And he just kept rubbing his little eyes, and yawning. I felt so bad. I think the strep is still getting to him. He acts just fine......but then these moments come along and he just wants me to hold him. Finally I took him home after the halftime show, and after a little bedtime meal he totally crashed.
As far as the game goes, Burley lost. However I just have to say on this blog how much fun it is to watch Garrett play football. He has SO much energy, and his tireless efforts finally made him team captain. He is the most consistant player on his entire team, and he's just like a brick wall! He's always making these amazing tackles, and he's so good, that most of the time the opposing team puts TWO guys on Garrett cuz they know how powerful he is. These pictures aren't very good, but Garrett is Number 1 on the green team. He's growing up so fast! And before you know it, this year will be over and he'll be graduated, and then leaving on a mission. Then Paul and Claudia will be empty nesters. Enjoy this year guys, it's gonna fly by! And congratulations Garrett on playing such good football!
2 comments:
Oh how I miss Burley football and my "little" brother! I miss you guys too! 2 1/2 more weeks and we're home for good! :) Thanks for the pictures...no lie....it made my day how pathetic huh?!
I Love Football! I can't even picture Garrett playin' that hard and tough. I would love to watch him play a game though. Empty nesters? Where is Kaitlin going? Off to school prob.
Post a Comment