Saturday, September 13, 2008

Caleb, always trying to do what we do.....

There have been too many times that I walk into the room, and Caleb is doing something hilarious. While I was packing for my week in Burley, Caleb found my curling iron (unplugged thank goodness) and tried to use it just like mommy does. So cute!










So here's where it becomes a problem.....yesterday I put Caleb in the tub, cuz it was time for a bath. And I turned the water on, stuck him in, and left the room to clean up some things before the tub was filled. When I came back, his face was bleeding under his nose. I thought, "Oh....not another bloody nose" (cuz he got one the other night that was so bad that he swallowed enough blood it made him throw up.....in the middle of the night. That was fun. Poor Parker, he gets queasy at the smell of vomit, but he's always the one who has to has to clean it up, cuz Caleb is always sobbing so hard that he won't let anyone hold him but me. So Parker always gets stuck with cleaning the mess. Luckily the other night it was on the kitchen floor and not the carpet. So anyways, during the bath I started to clean up the blood, expecting the source to be his nose. Then I noticed some red lines at the top of his lip. I said, "Caleb what happened?" and so he told me...."Mouth......hurts........shaver." And then he pointed to the razor sitting on the side of the tub. Aaaah! So these pictures are supposed to show the little cuts on his lips (though you can't see them very well) from him trying to shave like his daddy. Poor kid! Those cuts STING! And he kept rubbing his mouth all morning, and opening the cut (cuz we all know razor cuts take FOREVER to stop bleeding). So now he's got little scars on his lips.

The rest of these pictures are just when Caleb and Dejah were playing at the park last week. They were SOOO excited to see eachother. We arrived at the park first, and when Anna and the girls showed up, I said, "Caleb, Dejah's here!" and he looked around for her, found her and ran as fast as he could (probably around a hundred feet) to get to her and give her a hug. They had SO much fun. I need to take him to the park more often. He loves it so much.
I really couldn't get him to look at the camera long enough to take very good pictures. He was just having too much fun. And I have to say, Settler's Park is like the most genius park I've ever seen. Nice job City of Meridian!

4 comments:

Jill and Travis said...

These pictures are so cute! I love the colors in the ones at the park. Poor little guy with his cuts. That does hurt! When you are here, you should give us a call before we leave in two weeks!

Sarah said...

I love the pictures of him trying to curl his hair. it's a good thing it wasn't on, razor cuts are enough pain for a year old.

Brody and Ashley said...

Poor Caleb. I can't believe he cut his lips with the razor. That is so cute him wanting to be just like daddy!

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

That's my nephew! Honestly, that is what I LOVE MOST about Caleb. He keeps us on our toes and does and says thing we lest him expect him to. I love that kid more than anything else I can't wait to give him a big 'ol hug in 4 weeks when we move home for good! YAH!!!