Okay, so I'm sure you're seeing that I'm kinda in a blogging slump lately. However, I DO have a funny story to tell today.
Today I went to my sister, Anna's house to hang out (ah life of the unemployed). After feeding Caleb his lunch (spaghetti and half a peach) Anna and I were discussing peaches, and one of the pits had happened to be split open. Observe what we saw....

Okay, this was the best picture I could find.....but did you know there's a NUT inside a peach pit? Anna started asking me about it, and I said, "Yeah, it looks JUST like an almond! I wonder if it IS an almond?!" (Not using my brain to actually think....almonds come from almond trees....not peach trees) so I pulled out the nut and tasted it. The first half a second it was okay....and then it was like biting into it made the chemicals combine, and the taste got worse.....and worse.....and I HAD to spit it out. YUCK!! Anna was laughing her head off! No.....almonds do not come from the peach pit. HOWEVER....the two nuts ARE in the same family, and if the peach pit nut (whatever it's called) were roasted....MAYBE it wouldn't have tasted nearly as bad......maybe... Observe.....

The almond fruit is even FUZZY like a peach! I dare YOU to try the almond fruit! I'll bet it tastes as good as a peach pit. However, the thing about that the peach pit nut looking JUST like an almond was absalutely correct. They're in the same family. The peach is just the bad apple I guess. Anna was honestly practically in tears watching me spit out that stupid nut. I truly thought they'd taste the same. Oh well. It was a funny moment. A word of advice....stick to eating the peach FRUIT, and the almond NUTS!
4 comments:
Ok, so I was busting a gut just reading this! You are so funny, there is no way I would have tasted that "hybrid almond". I would have just been curious for the rest of my life!! No questions now.
Incase anyone reads this (now that it's several posts later) just so you know.....the peach pit almond tasted so bad because (we later found out) IT'S POISONOUS! That's right, that stupid nut contains CYANIDE! Remember how I said it tasted like combining bad chemicals?....well I was RIGHT! Do NOT eat any more peach pit almonds.
hey there!
my brother and i also discovered this weirdo almond thing this morning! luckily we reade this before either of us tasted it! haha, but yeah, its so weird, looks exactly like an almond!
also... i love allll the music on ur playlist!!
ok, ciao
monika and hannu
We were just searching to see if almonds come from peaches...and saw this! that is so crazy! we tried it too..but good thing we spit it out!!!
Post a Comment