Thursday, September 4, 2008

Some Things About Me

I'm not sure why, but I have been thinking lately about all of these random things about me that I just wanna write down.
1. I am a die-hard chocolate lover, but even more than that it's WHITE CHOCOLATE. Don't ask why, that's just the way it is. I absalutely LOVE white chocolate.2. I HATE standing up while I blow-dry my hair. I'd rather sit cross-legged on the floor or on the toilet than to stand up while I wait for my hair to dry.
3. I am VERY proud of my college diploma. It was a lot of work to get it, so I display it proudly.
-NOTE: I was just about to scan my diploma do display on this blog, and since the scanner/printer is out of ink it won't even scan. AND it won't take the replacement cartridge that we have cuz it's EXPIRED! And the stupid printer knows the expiration date and it simply won't accept it. I'm SO annoyed! I don't even want to print it! I just wanna scan it!
4. I love board games. And I finally bought my favorite one today! Anyone up for game night?
5. I love shopping. I spent quite a bit of time trying to deny it, cuz goodness knows I can't afford it. But that's the truth. I love to go shopping, and I love shoes, bags, jewelry, and clothes just like most of the girls out there.









6. I love music, and I miss singing in a choir. I guess I should join ward choir, but it's not even the same. I'm not sure I'll ever get that back.
7. It's a good thing I have a family to take care of, cuz if I were alone, I'm pretty sure I'd eat cold cereal for every meal of every day. I really don't even mind, and I'm not a huge fan of cooking.
8. I love to water ski. It's the only sport I'm good at.
9. I'm a night owl. I think night is the funnest part of the day, and although I am capable of rising early and going to bed early....I'd rather not.
10. I love to read. I've always got a book I'm reading. Right now it's "Jayne Eyre". I've decided after the Stephenie Meyer marathon this summer that it's time to do some of the classics.
11. I never get sick of Disney Movies. I always turn them on for my son, and he loves them, and it never bothers me that I see them over and over and over again. It bothers everyone else I live with, but not me.
12. I'm a die-hard Harry Potter fan. They'll probably always be my favorite books in the world. I like the movies too, and I could sit and analyze the characters and the plot all day and not think a thing of it.
13. I love ice cream. I am never not in the mood for ice cream. And my favorite is of course....chocolate!
14. I don't care for video games, but I DO love tetris. Tetris 64 to be exact. I'm almost as good as David, and it's super fun.
15. I love my husband, Parker and I miss him a lot. 16. I love my son, but naptime is still my favorite time of day.
17. I love blogging! It's like scrapbooking, but funner cuz it doesn't take as long.
18. I always want pizza after I go swimming. I'm not sure why that is.
19. My mom is my hero. She knows how to do so many things that I wish that I could.....like cooking, sewing, she can drive the boat, and she can pull the boat and drive it backwards down the launch ramp. (I sure can't do that). She is the most giving person I've ever met, and I owe so much to her. I love it when people tell me I'm like my mom.
20. I love my sonicaire toothbrush, I'll never go back to Oral-B, or manual. It just feels too good!
21. I love taking hot showers. I'm not talking really warm....I'm talking HOT! I turn the water on and get the temperature perfectly warm before even getting in the shower. Then once I'm in, and I'm used to the temperature and my hair's all wet....I turn it up. I like it just hot enough before you can't stand it. I just keep turning it up and up throughout the entire showering process, till it's almost scalding. My skin is usually red from the heat when I'm done. I think someone told me it's not really good for you to take hot showers....but I just don't see how that can be true. If I like it....then it's good right?. And when the shower's over, I get the towel and dry off while in the shower, then I wrap the towel around me before stepping out, so that I won't get cold from the shock of the temperature change when I step out. I do NOT like feeling cold before, during, or after my showers. I think I'm like the frog, you know if you stick it in a pot of boiling water, it'll jump out.....but if you turn the temperature up and up it'lljust stay in there till it boils to death. That's me. I'm the boiling frog I guess.
22. I love to crochet (i'm not sure if I spelled that one right, but oh well) but I only know one pattern. I wish someone would teach me something new. I've been told there's patterns on the backside of the yarn paper....but it's like a different language. And I don't know how to read it. 23. I am a PAJAMA sleeper. Not in my underwear, not in something light and flimzy like shorts and a tank-top...I'm talking sweatpants, long-sleeved shirt or sweatshirt, and warm socks. I'm not sure how or why it happened, but I like to be bundled when I sleep. I like lots of blankets too....no I don't ever get too hot....unless I'm pregnant.
24. I've always wanted to learn to play the organ, except I know that once I do, I'll be sentenced to be the ward organist for the rest of my life. Once an organist, always an organist. They just aren't that easy to come by. So....I'm kinda stalling on learning that one, but I know it's inevitable.
25. Parker says I'm a neat-freak. And I guess it's true. I like things CLEAN. I hate clutter, and I'd much rather throw something away than keep it lying around for months and months. It's such a great feeling when you get the bathrooms scrubbed, the floors mopped and you sit in your living room of your clean house that now smells like bleach and pine-sol, and the baby is STILL asleep, cuz you got it all done in an hour and a half. And it's just quiet. No music. No T.V. Just clean and quiet. I love that feeling. 26. I'm a dental hygienist, but I don't floss every day. It's not that I don't believe in the concept, I try, but I forget............a lot. Just like the rest of you.
27. I love patterned socks. During dental hygiene school, one of the dress requirements was solid colored scrubs and WHITE socks. I didn't even OWN a pair of white socks until two months before I graduated. I wore patterned socks every day and never got in trouble.
28. I am NOT a confrontational person. I don't like speaking my mind or standing up for myself....especially to authority figures, and especially if I think it's gonna cause a fight. I get VERY nervous if I have to ask for time off from work, or have to tell somebody something I think they're not going to like. I will speak my mind if someone asks me to, and I have strong opinions, I'm just not vocal about them. I'd wrather write my thoughts in a letter than speak to someone face-to-face. I guess I'm a chicken, but I've ALWAYS been that way.
29. I'm not sure I could ever pick a favorite movie...there's too many. And it changes with my mood.
30. I love my family and that we're together forever.

7 comments:

Anna Beal said...

That was really nice Hebs...I think we have alot in common. Just FYI...I am totally up for a game night, maybe we'll throw a movie in that mix too. Lets plan it...lets also invite Shelly...she loves games!

Brody and Ashley said...

I wanna play that board game. I have never heard of it. We miss playing cards with you guys!!! K, so you made me crave chocolate and that is the last thing I need right now- at 10:00 pm.

Shelly said...

Yeah invite me!! Hello!? :) I'm sick right now but give me a week and I should be good! I'm glad you got ticket to ride! Now you have a code and we can play online! And since you're a night owl (yay! I'm NOT alone!) you can find me on messenger (schloegelfamily@hotmail.com) and we can play anytime I'm on!
I'm SOO with you on the cold cereal thing! We always have about 20 boxes of cereal in our pantry, if we're down to 5 I think I'm gonna starve and I panic til we buy more! If I were single I think I'd be eating cereal for 2/3 of my meals! :)

Sarah said...

Kelli and Brandon both have ticket to ride, a couple different versions too. We go down and play with them. It's so fun. We should have a mini family reunion with the adult cousins and have a massive game night :)

Susan said...

ok Heather, I loved the part about your mom being your hero. Makes me want to CRY!! I love you mom (my little sister) and she is one of my heroes too!! And I agree with everything you said about her, and yes, Heather, you are very much like her.......EXCEPT your mom was NEVER a night owl!!! She had to be in bed by 9 pm or she was a total CRANK!!

Kaila said...

You are 100% right on the organist thing. I think I will be the ward organist for the rest of my life. I took one beginners organ class at school, so now they think I'm an organ genious. The truth is, it's hard and I struggle to use feet on every song every week. But it is rewarding and makes me practice. So yes, you'll always be the organist. But don't push it aside just for that...it's worth it.

Patrick Collier said...

So I was reading this... and I must say I am glad to know that someone else likes the smell of bleach and pine-sol. I am not a neat freak but I love that clean smell... all my comps on my mission thought I was crazy when the bleach smell didn't bother me...