Monday, October 13, 2008

Another one bites the dust.....

Well, today is Monday. That's right today is the monday that he said, "We'll let you know by Monday." And he did. I got a phone call around two thirty today, and Dr. Moon let me know that they decided to go with someone else for the dental hygiene position. Every ounce of blood in my body dropped to my feet. He said, the current hygienist's new contract in California might be falling through.....so they decided to go with someone who is okay with more of a temporary job. He said he was really impressed with my working interview, and that he'd be happy to be a reference for me as I search for other employment. It SEEMS TO ME THAT EVERYONE WANTS TO BE A REFERENCE FOR ME, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO HIRE ME! So then I hung up the phone and cried for a half hour. Call me pathetic, and stupid for writing that for everyone to read, but this blog is also my personal history, and that's what happened. I just can't seem to get a break. What am I gonna do? Times are sure tough. I wonder if ISU Dental Hygiene Class of 2009 knows that. I'll bet they don't. So just when I think I can't get any lower.....disapointment strikes again. Don't worry, "All these things shall give thee experience and shall be for thy good." I know trials make us stronger, but I just don't see how it's okay to continue to live with my parents.....who have burdens of their own.....when I am a fully grown, married, adult with a college degree. Life after graduation.....it's almost harder than being a starving student......cuz now you get to feel guilty. No....it IS harder than being a student. I Never thought I'd say those were the easy days....but at least I had a path. So, if you hear of any dental hygiene jobs....and I mean....ANY JOB (cuz we'll move anywhere).....then let me know! I'll be the one at home, who answers the phone after the first ring.....cuz I've got nothin' better to do.

3 comments:

Anna Beal said...

I am SO Sorry that you didn't get the job! That really stinks....a ton. I was watching Oprah last night, she had financial expert Susie Ormond on, Susie said it will usually take anywhere from eight months to ONE Year to find a new job!!! Thats why she is such a big believer in having money saved to back you up during hard times. Anyway, my point is, just keep trying. You WILL find a job. In the meantime, you have the greatest job of all...stay at home mommy. Yes, times are hard, I have a feeling they will only get harder, but when you go to work, you will cherish the time you got to be home with Caleb. Love you sis.

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

I am so sorry Heather! Mom was telling me last night about it on the phone and she was so bummed for you as well....it may sound cheesy, but you finding a GOOD job is always in our thoughts and prayers...in the end it will all work out even though the walk there stinks...Love you sis and hope it comes S-O-O-N for you! Love you and we'll talk to you soon! :)

The Wight Family said...

Hey Heather!

i was just reading your blog and I wanted you to know that I know exactly how you feel! Ryan and I are living in Rexburg and I have been subbing a lot for different dentists. I finally landed a job interview, and they said they'd let me know by Monday. . . but guess who got the job-Colette! Part of me is so happy for her but the other part is just so frustrated. So yes, I totally agree with you that it was easier to be a student-amazing that we're saying that. You and I are just meant to go through things together, first boards, now unemployment! How are things going otherwise? Are you preggers? I thought I read on your blog that you are looking forward to having another baby, are you announcing something? It seems like everybody I know is pregnant right now. . . leaving me very unpregnant. Anyway, I just thought I'd write you a note and tell you that we are going to be fine. We'll find jobs eventually, but in the meantime if you want to vent I'm here.

Love ya!

Ashley

P.S. I heard you were in my brother's ward! What a small world!