It took us a bit of walking, but we finally found the cement slab where we used to park our cars. The weeds are waist-high (sometimes higher). But one thing that hasn't disapeared is our grass! Now, granted it's TALL and dry, so it looks like a wheat-field kinda....but the green blades of grass are still a couple inches tall down by our feet.
We also found the big o'l pipe that we used to drive over several times a day to get to our house. As kids, we used to float the canal right under that thing.
The picture of the tree has a small piece of rope that's grown into the tree. Once upon a time, used to have a rope-swing on this tree, and when the rope broke, we left it. Now the tree's almost devoured the rope. But it's still there.
And this is just a picture of the canal that went in front of our house, and all the weeds that now cover the place. Derek says he wants to buy this property some day. Right now it's not available, but in five to ten years it's possible.
I just have one comment to make about the picture on the top of this post. That's us standing in front of the bridge and the pump-house. These structures were used every day when we were kids. The pump-house kept our food-storage and our big yellow deep-freezer. And the bridge was how we got to it. The bridge looks EXACTLY the same, as well as the pump house. I can't even tell you how many memories it brings back. I'm sure the next time we make it out here, it'll be all developed. However, wouldn't it be amazing if they kept all those trees?! It'd make some beautiful landscaping (or at least I think so....since it's how I know it). But we'll see.
2 comments:
Hello! I'm Nickie "graf" Bradbury~~I went to school with Parker! I believe I met you at my wedding reception in Burley! I found your blog through his sister Robyns. It's great seeing what the high school gang is up to these days! You look happy and your Caleb boy is sure a handsome one!! Please tell Parker hello for me! Thanks!
what a fun thing to do!
Post a Comment