Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Goose Egg

Yesterday Caleb was playing in his little red wagon, and he leaned forward to climb out.....but the wheels flew out from under him and he flew forward and hit his forehead on the hardwood floor. You can see the result. I haven't heard him cry that hard in.....well ever actually.



Ok, ignore the stupid face I'm making in this picture. The poor little boy. We had to pin him down and put ice on it, cuz who knows how bad it would've gotten if we hadn't. And he did not like the cold. So we did that for about five minutes, and then I read him some books and put him to bed. It seems like this little boy ALWAYS has a bruise on his forehead. He's ran into corners, fallen countless times....however this is by far the biggest bump he's ever gotten. His little legs are ALWAYS COVERED in bruises. I think it's from climbing those wood stairs so much. He just kept saying, "Wagon.....bonk." between sobs...."Wagon....bonk." Don't worry, the goose egg is gone now and he's just got a big purple spot on his head now. It doesn't bother him, except when I put his shirt on this morning. He put his hand to his head and said, "Ouch mommy."
News on my interview......it went well....I think......he said he'd let me know by Monday. And now I'm FREAKING OUT because he told me he has "a few other working interviews" that he's doing. I know I'm qualified.....I just am so worried he's just gonna pick someone else because he likes their personality better. Or maybe he's interviewing somebody that already has some experience. Then that's SERIOUS competition, unless you consider salary, cuz I'll pretty much settle for anything, whereas someone with experience is gonna want more money. So now.....I get to sit and stress for five days. (Cuz I am guessing I won't find out till Monday at 5:00 pm). Oh man am I nervous!
Don't worry, Caleb is fine....he's just got a purple head.

4 comments:

Lanelle Barber said...

OUCHIE. That looks like a doozie. I got one of those right above my eye at girls camp and I was probly nowhere near as cool about it as your little trooper was. Poor thing! I think being covered in bruises (visible AND covered by clothing)is a right of passage for toddlers. At our house we have a contest going on how many colors of the rainbow each of our kid's heads can portray. Keeps it interesting. Oh, and GOOD LUCK with the potential job!

Brody and Ashley said...

Dang, that poor little noggin! I feel so bad when kids get hurt and it seems like boys get hurt a lot more.

Anna Beal said...

That goose egg is HUGE!!! Oweee.

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

Poor Caleb! I wanna just kiss it and make it feel better! Soon enough!