Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Rope Swing

Well, I just had to post some pictures and videos of Caleb on the rope swing. Just a few weeks ago, we couldn't even get him to sit on it without help, and now he throws his legs over that thing, and you can push him all the way into the branches. He absalutely LOVES IT!

However, today was different, because uncle Derek came home, and he did something kinda funny. You see, there's this pumpkin drink at Starbuck's Coffee that he had the other day (and he swears it didn't have coffee in it) and so he went back today to get another one, and he knew how much he liked it....so he ordered a BIG one....I'm talkin' HUGE. Well.....what they gave him today, was NOT what he had the otherday. And he drank it........Needless to say, Derek was on a SUPER CRAZY CAFFEINE HIGH! He was so jittery he didn't know what to do with himself. And who takes more energy to entertain than Caleb? So we let them entertain eachother.

And I just have to say.....the rope swing is even fun for adults! I think Caleb and I swing on that thing AT LEAST once a day.



Can you adjust the shutter speed on a digital camera? All these motion shots are blurry! I'll bet not....but if so.....and any of my techno geek friends (Matt.....Jeff.....anyone else I forgot) happens to know how to do that (if it's possible) I would LOVE to know how!



So I just have to say a few other things in this post. The job hunt is going TERRIBLE. And every day, Parker and I (honestly....more Parker than me....but still both) are getting more and more anxious about not having an income. We're NEVER GOING TO GET A HOUSE! (Or that's how it feels at least). And there isn't a SINGLE dentist in the treasure valley that's looking for a hygienist. They definately didn't tell me about how hard THIS would be in school. We've decided that if we have to move to get a job (I'm thinking....Las Vegas.....or northern Idaho.....or maybe Oregon or Utah) then so be it. Parker can pretty much do whatever wherever. He graduates in December....so just a couple more months with that. Augh, it's so frustrating.




So the last thing I wanna say, I guess is about this totally awesome song that I just put on the playlist. I don't even know why it's one of my favorites EVER!......cuz it's not like it's the best subject (me and Mrs. Jones.....ummm....yeah they're being naughty) HOWEVER!........the jazz in this song is SO KICKIN'!! I just am powerless to do anything except sing along at the top of my lungs. Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to go to like a club or something where they just play jazz music all night. I know they're out there.....downtown somewhere.....but honestly I've never known anyone who likes jazz enough to go with me......except in High School, and we got enough jazz on our choir trips, so we didn't need to go to town. But I still think I would just love something like that....cuz I TRULY love a good jazz song. Especially when Michael sings it.


And my last comment is about my quote of the day. Okay, the first one was WAY easy, and now I have SO many I want to do I can't pick what's next. However.....I know Parker will get this in a heartbeat....but I'm not sure everyone else will. Okay, I'm out!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love jazz too. But we have a radio station here that plays 40's 50's and 60's music. IT's the coolest.
Lydia always gets excited when I show her your blog. She really liked al the videos with caleb on the swing. I wish we had a swing for her.

Anna Beal said...

You know I love Jazz, but I'm afraid those downtown Jazz clubs may be a bit stinky of smoke and alcohol. Who really knows? Also, that is so funny about Derek and the coffee...he needs to go to a Juice place instead.

The Borups said...

Shutter speed on a digital camera. I would love to show you how to work it but quite honestly you’re camera might not even have that option. Read the manual to find out. If it doesn’t you could just bump up the ISO. The camera will automatically adjust to the film speed. Your picture might be a little grainier but at least it won’t be as blurry.

Patrick Collier said...

Oh man... can I just tell you I miss Derek! He is the coolest... I love the picture of him with Caleb over his shoulders. I was surprised to hear that you didn't have a job! I thought you got one... I guess that didn't pan out. I think that it is just hard for everyone to get jobs right now with the economy the way it is... I know so many people who can't even get stupid minimum wage jobs that nobody even really wants... It stinks. I hope you start having some better luck! Let me know if there's anything I can do :)