Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Good Job Mommy!"

Well, today I decided I should try to crack down on the potty-training. So I went to the store and got Caleb some underpants. Cars, of course, he just held onto those things the entire time we were in the store. Then he went down for a nap. When he woke up ( a very reliable three hours later) I sat him on the potty for like ten minutes and gave him a BIG cup of juice. He, of course, didn't go. But I put the underpants on, and explained to him that he couldn't go potty in these new pants.
Then he saw his boots, and wanted to put those on. I just had to get a picture of him in his new underpants. So, I tried to keep him on the hardwood floor, since I KNEW an accident was comint.....especially with the juice he drank. And, yes it came. Only, he was sitting down playing with a toy and it really surprised me. I think I scared him when I instantly picked him up and ran into the bathroom to get him to go in the potty.

By the time I got him all seated, he was of course done.....or I scared the rest outa him. Then I went and cleaned up the floor, and put on a second pair of underpants. Later, I quit the underpants and put a diaper back on him, cuz I started getting busy and couldn't watch him like a hawk. After the diaper had been on for about ten minutes, he said, "I Potty?...." and so I took him in again. Diaper was wet. I think he knows what it feels like AFTER he went. How do you get 'em to know BEFORE they go? And he doesn't know HOW to go on the potty cuz he's never done it before. This is gonna be tough. I think I need to do the underpants thing AT LEAST until we've had at least a couple successful attempts in the potty. Then we can go to the pull-ups and hopefully he'll start telling me when he has to go......even if I have to ask every ten minutes.
Okay, story number two. Derek does this thing with Caleb they call the "Monkey Swing." Watch the video to see what that's like.
The monkey swing is Caleb's favorite. And whenever Derek comes home, he lies down between his feet and says, "ankles?" (cuz Derek holds onto his ankles). Well, after one attempt with the monkey swing I told CAleb it was time for bed. Only instead of letting me pick him up....he laid down between MY feet and said, "ankles?" Everyone else in the room was saying, "No Caleb, mommy can't do that." Then I said.....well I can do it ONCE....(not several times like Derek or Daddy) but maybe once. So I did one monkey swing onto my shoulders. When I finished, Caleb said, "Good job mommy!!" HOW CUTE IS THAT?!!

1 comment:

Lonny and Jesse said...

cute stuff heather.
I have a question regarding boiling pumpkins. How much mashed pumpkin is equal to a can of pumpkin, and do you have to season it to make it have the flavor of canned pumpkin or is it already flavorful? My sister and I are both wanting to scrape, cut, boil, and mash so we can feel domestic this fall;) we have a blog now, so let me know if you get a chance- thanks so much!