Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Part-Time Perio!

This morning I got up and went to my job interview for Dr. Davis who's a periodontist on Eagle Road. The interview seriously lasted like three minutes. He hardly asked me any questions. He seemed a little concerned that I was fresh outa school. He said, "You know, some people think that a perio office can be a tough place to get started...." And I told him that I've ALWAYS wanted to work in a perio office, and I told him about my western society of periodontology award (I'm still waiting to see the check for that one!) and that root-planing is really my strength, and I love to do it. Then he said the front office girl was gonna come in and ask me a few questions, and so she came in and said, "Is there any questions you have?" and I confirmed the days of the week and then she said, "Okay well thanks for coming in!" and it was over. Wasn't exactly sure what to think, but ok whatever. Then around 2:00 I was driving in the truck and my phone rings ("The Office" theme) and I pick it up, and they say, "This is Dr. Davis's office, we'd like to offer you the position." And that was that. I guess we'll hammer out the details on my first day, which is Thursday. I work Thursdays in Boise, and Fridays in Nampa. That's it. I FINALLY landed a job! Bummer that it's only part-time, but the fact that it's on thursdays and fridays gives me a great chance of being able to work ANOTHER part-time job somewhere else.
I just have to say that this unemployment thing has been a huge trial of faith, and that I know it was because Heavenly Father heard my prayers that this opportunity came when it did. And YAY for being a perio office! That's gonna be awesome!

8 comments:

Kaila said...

That's so wonderful! I'm proud of you for sticking in there. Good luck with the job. You'll be awesome!

Jill and Travis said...

Heather, YAY! We could not be more excited for you! We are glad you will get to be working in office doing what you love!

The Laws said...

Yahoo!! Congratulations!!

Brody and Ashley said...

That is great! I am relieved for you!

Brandon and Katie said...

Congrats on the new job! Now you can support Parker's golfing. HA!

Sarah said...

Congrats. I'm excited that your search is finaly over. :)

Greg and Carlin said...

I am excited for you! I was kinda hoping though that you guys were announcing that your pregnant
again. . . .:)

Grandma Mary said...

Oh my gosh Parker, I haven't seen you in forever. Your little guy looks just like you when you were little. Tell your Mom and Dad hi.
Kelli found this blog and told me about it.

Mary Wright