Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Silver Lining....

Well, it's possible that unemployment is coming to an end. it's POSSIBLE. Yesterday I got a phone call from a dentist in Eagle. He's looking for a full-time hygienist. And he wanted to meet with me last night. What's better? Well I'll tell you. His hygienist that's leaving also graduated from ISU. What's better than that? This particular dentist was an IDEP student.....which means (for those of you who don't know) that he was one of the eight students selected from hundreds of applicants to spend his first year of dental school at Idaho State University.....with the dental hygiene students. So he knows all my instructors! Needless to say he's very impressed with ISU dental hygiene and won't settle for less. He told me during our interview yesterday that if he sees one more resume that says they got a 4.0 gpa at Apollo College he's gonna throw up. Cuz didn't you know?....they ALL get 4.0's. I HATE that school. It really is their fault that I don't have a job right now. But anyway.....he told me he doesn't have a doubt in his mind about my clinical skills. He just wants to make sure there's good chemistry.....now that scares me a little. Cuz the guy that's leaving has a really bright sense of humor, and a really dominant personality. I know I'm fun to be around once you get to know me, but I'm worried they won't like me.....cuz everyone's quiet at first. But honestly, since he hates Apollo Hygienists, and I'm the only ISU one that's applying (since I'm pretty sure Stephanie and Chris both have jobs already) then I think I'm the best choice he's got. So tomorrow he asked me to come in for a working interview.
As far as salary goes, I'm pretty sure he's gonna offer me a pretty competitive wage. AND he said his office does not have a group insurance policy, but if that was something I needed I just have to find some prices for some policies and he'd work it into my paycheck. So I'll finally get some health coverage! He also offers production incentives....so if I have a really productive week, then I'll get a little bonus. And an IRA after one year of working.
So there you have it! Don't celebrate yet.....I don't have the job yet, we'll know by tomorrow. But I am so relieved that I finally found someone that will at least interview me. AND it's full-time which is SO what I need. So, the dark days of September are over, and I am hoping that this cloud's silver lining is about to open to a sky full of possibilities! Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Kaila said...

Good Luck Hebs! You'll definitely be in my prayers. I know it'll all work out for the best! :)

Chelsi said...

That is awesome! It is so fun to hear good news! GOOD LUCK!!

Sarah said...

wow that woudl be great, i hope it works out for you!

The Laws said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

Sheri said...

Good luck! You'll do great.

Ginger said...

I hope it works out Heather. I am checking all the time to see if you have found anything. Keep me informed.