Well, Kelli tagged me, and I just have to put a little disclaimer....cuz I did something like this like a month ago on my blog. The post is called, "Some Things About Me" and it's got ALL KINDS of my quirks on there. So if you haven't read it, then you should (Kelli!)....HOWEVER.....since I've been officially tagged, I'm gonna see if I can come up with something new. We'll see how it goes.
Now. This first one, is a repeat from some other people, however when I asked Parker about my quirks....this was the FIRST thing he said. And so I have to put it down....
1. I HAVE to sleep in a bed that's MADE. Even if it means making the bed just before you climb in. And it's true....if I don't, I lose the covers. Plus...I like to sleep straight as a board (well, not always but that's how I get comfortable anyway.....flat on my back). And I am so much more relaxed if the sheets are flat and tight all around me. No loosey-goosey goin on here.
2. I have to color-code my clothes in the closet from light to dark. (which results in a lovely rainbow in my closet whenever I open it up.) I tried to get Parker to do it, and of course he thought I was rediculous. THEN, one day I was putting his clothes away and I thought, "You know....if I DID color-code his closet, he wouldn't mess it up, cuz I'm the one that puts his clothes away." So I did it. And now there's two rainbows in our closet, and it stays that way, cuz I keep it that way.
3. We have these 8 big cups that we got for our wedding (no I have NO IDEA who gave them to us....those days are over) and there's two cups of each color. Two pink, two lime green, two orange, and two yellow. Now when I put them away, they can't just be thrown up in the cupboard. You have to put the colors in front of the colors so that there's four rows of colored cups. (see diagram)
Key: p = pink
y = yellow
g = green
o = orange
G Y O P
G Y O P
AND they have to bee in that order......green, yellow, orange, pink.....because that's the order of the rainbow. So if those 8 cups are messed up cuz someone else did the dishes.....I'll pull them down and fix them.
4. Okay, now I don't think this is a quirk, but Parker says it is, and he still can't figure out why it's that big of a deal. But what it is.......my purse has to match with the season. So I either swith or buy a new one every six months. Usually spring and fall is when I like to switch. Spring purses would be white (my favorite for Spring) or pink or green. But when fall comes around, I can't be carrying a white purse. It has to be fall colors, brown or black. Parker claims I am ALWAYS switching my purses, even though I think pretty much every girl does that anyway.
5. I have to sleep with the door open. I get away with it now because I just tell Parker that I have to hear Caleb if he cries (which is mostly the reason now). But what he doesn't know, is that it dates back to when I was a kid and I saw this unsolved mysteries episode about ghosts....and I was always SO SCARED that a ghost would open my bedroom door. So I used to keep it open so that if they DID come in, I wouldn't know because I wouldn't see the door being opened. Now it's just a habit and something I've always gotten comfort from. It's not like I can't sleep with it closed, but I prefer to keep it opened.
6. I like to listen to my music LOUD......and even louder if it's a song I really like. I just love to sing along to my CD's or the radio, and if I can sing at the top of my lungs then I will.
Seriously, I have way more quirks, listed on my "Some things about me" post. I don't think I repeated any, but if you think I'm weird now.....just take a few minutes and read some of that other stuff.
Now, I tag Melissa and Anna (my sisters).
2 comments:
Your cup thing is so funny! You should come organize my cup cupboard! My dishes never come out of the dishwasher dry, so all the little kid cups and sippie cups and all parts just get tossed in helter skelter and left to air dry in the cupboard. I loved your quirks, thanks for taking the time to avoid repeats! :)
I chuckled to myself about the color-coding your shirts thing. I do the same thing, except I also have them organized according to collars and sleve length. It's the one thing I'm SUPER particular about. So, in my closet there are lots of little rainbows, one for each: the short sleved tees, 3/4 lentgh tees, long sleeved tees, short sleeved w/ collar, 3/4 length w/ collar, long sleeved w/ collar, sweaters, and jackets. Todd isn't allowed to put away my hanging shirts because each one has a very specific spot. I'm a little more exreme I guess, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one!
Post a Comment