Monday, November 17, 2008

Manuscript....

Well, I read the first chapter....but I didn't really know what happened. You see, Stephenie Meyer promised a FIFTH book in the "Twilight" series called "Midnight Sun" It is Twilight from Edward's perspective. Well, she released chapter one....and I read it and it was good. However, I didn't know that someone got ahold of her manuscript and put it on the internet. Over two hundred and sixty pages!! Yeah! And here's the thing, she got so upset about it, that she quit writing the book until sh she feels like getting up to it again. She may or may not ever finish now....it's suspended indefinately. However, since she knew the word was out about the leaked manuscript, instead of sending people looking for it, she just put it on her website. She said she did NOT want her fans to read it this way, and I was gonna be one of those loyal fans who would wait for the indefinate release. However, last night I started re-reading twilight, cuz I wanna be up to snuff when the movie comes out Saturday (girls night out post forthcoming). And then I remembered the manuscript. Well, I debated for about thirty seconds and decided to give in. And so far I'm loving it! But it's so long! Just thought you all might wanna know what I've been up to.....absalutely nothing! I'm worthless when I'm reading.

6 comments:

Chelsi said...

I'm hoping she'll finish it and make a book so I can read it that way. I could never read a book online-I'd go cross eyed. I'm so excited for the Midnight Premier!! We have tickets for 12:02am Friday :)

Sheri said...

Woah woah woah. I was of the understanding that the Twilight series were a TRILOGY. Now you say there is a fourth and a FIFTH?! Where have I been.

Shelly said...

Yeah, Adam got hooked on the series by starting Midnight Sun. About 1/2 the book is available off her website, and I only hope she finishes it! At first only the first chapter was up, now more of it is, so hopefully if nothing else she will add the rest of the book online. I was ticked when I read that she changed her mind about publishing it. BUT the official guide to the books or whatever it is called, comes out in February. Enjoy what's there of Midnight Sun though! It was good!

Brody and Ashley said...

That made me sad when I found out about Midnight Sun too. I really hope Stephenie will still finish though. I have still been holding out to read it. I am reading Twilight again though just before I see the movie. I am so dang excited!

Anna Beal said...

That is just SOOO Sad! People are so STUPID!

Lanelle Barber said...

Holy moo, I can't believe I didn't know about this! You are blessed for being the informant! Now I have something constructive to do with my weekend. ;)

That stinks that it got leaked though, I hope she finishes.