Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Stress headache....

Well, I haven't posted in a while (less than a week, I know....... it's been FOREVER!) for a couple of reasons. We took some awesome pictures of the most beautiful brightest rainbow I've ever seen while we were driving through this hail storm on the way to Burley on Sunday. I don't know how it happened, but somewhere between that drive and packing our stuff from the car to the house I've mis-placed the camera. Actually I blame Parker cuz he had it last, but I AM the one who brought all the stuff in from the car.....but I don't remember grabbing the camera. So anyway I've been stalling, hoping that I'll find it. So far no luck. The other reason I haven't posted is cuz I've been waiting to so the next post could bring down some awesome news. So far no luck with that either.......
let me explain....
Monday I had that eighth interview in Burley. It went awesome! I got there, and this guy (I think he's the office-manager) asked me all kinds of questions. The interview lasted about thirty minutes (one of the longest I've ever been to). Then he asked me if I'd like to go see the new building that the practice is re-locating to next month. So I followed him over there, and he showed me all the new stuff that's going in. It's gonna be pretty nice. Then he had me go to lunch with him and the other two dentists I'd be working for. (they crammed all this interview meeting stuff together cuz they knew I came from out of town). Since we had SO MUCH TIME to literally discuss EVERYTHING, I feel like it went especially well cuz I got to ask all my questions (that you never think of at the time....but always later) and they answered all of mine. At lunch each of the dentists had a copy of my resume and asked me questions about what was on it, like "tell me about your experience in Fort Hall"..... or...."tell me about your research project on the multimedia patient education systems"......or....."tell me about what you did for 'give kids a smile' we do that here too!" and so on. So it was really awesome. I also think that they liked how open my schedule was, and that I wanted to work full-time. Anyway, when it was all over he said "I'll probably call and let you know tomorrow.....Wednesday the latest." He said there were two other people they were looking at.

Yesterday I was yoked to my phone. I just knew they were gonna call. Also yesterday I did interview NUMBER NINE! Over the phone for a full-time position in Lehi, Utah. Crazy I know, I don't REALLY wanna move down there, but I guess if it means a job! The phone interview went really well too, it was weird cuz she asked me questions like, "what is periodontal disease?" and I had to stop and think, "did she really just ask me that?" I mean......nine interviews and I've never heard that one. Luckily Nina ENGRAVED that one into my brain and I'm pretty sure I gave the exact textbook answer. Anyway, the practice sounds awesome and I'd love to work there. It's just so far! And I'd have to get a license in Utah (and figure out exactly how to go about doing that). Not to mention that average rent in Lehi is about 800 dollars a month, and the average mortgage is over 200,000 dollars! YIKES! Expensive living! But I told them that I was waiting to hear about a job here at home, and the second I knew I'd give them a call and set up a time to maybe drive down there and spend a day there doing a working interview. (If I don't get the job up here of course). And so it's been a WAITING GAME and I'm sick of it. And I literally mean sick. After they didn't call yesterday I was sure I'd hear something today. "Wednesday the latest".....that's TODAY! And the clock ticked on, and nobody called me. It seems that NOTHING, no mater how great it sounds, no matter how great I think my chances are, seems to work out like I think it will. Today the pressure just kept building and building and the anticipation was killing me. And the longer I waited, the more I'm thinking they must have gone with someone else. Why else would it take so long? They've probably already decided and told the lucky girl and were too lazy to tell the ones that lost out, and so I'm gonna have to call THEM and hear the run-around "Oh, we decided to go with someone else"......like I haven't heard THAT one before! I could write a BOOK on all the ways to be told you didn't get a job........including getting the job and then having them change their minds. Augh! I can't stand the waiting. And the stress just gets worse. This is WAY worse than school. There's still a chance of good news, but it's been so long......who knows what I'm gonna hear. They'd better call me tomorrow.
Oh P.S. I gave Caleb a haircut two days ago. He's a little spike-head again. I really don't like his hair short.....but it's just so outa control when it's long and he gets a pretty silly-looking mullet when it gets long. So I butched it. I call him "butch" too, cuz he looks like a little soldier....standing straight up. He's still cute of course. Sorry no pictures, I REALLY don't know where the camera is.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Maybe what you need is a really CRAPPY interview, and maybe THAT would lead you to an actual job, you know the kind where you actually work long enough to earn a pay check. Kelli and I are sending something home for you with you parents, by the way. ... :)

Brody and Ashley said...

Shout, I hope you find your camera. I am so sorry you are so stressed.

Anna Beal said...

So sorry you lost your camera. That really sucks. Of course you know how I feel about all the dentist....ya, they suck too :>