Incase you were wondering how the job hunt's been going......I went to that interview last Thursday for a two-day-a-week job in Meridian. The interview went well, and the dentist asked me to schedule a working interview with the front desk. So after it was over, the hygienist was up there, and she said, "well I'll just schedule your interview for when I'm working, cuz we like to be there during working interviews to help you out if you need it." So she put me down for Tuesday at 3:00 pm. Well yesterday I got a phone call, and it was this same office. Only it was a different girl. This was the front office girl and she said, "I know they scheduled your working interview for tomorrow at three, but they did it without me, and we're just too booked. So we don't need you to come in tomorrow. We can't really do anything this week, so just call next week and we'll let you know where we stand." Not being the argumentative type, or the kind of person who thinks of any kind of refute on the spot, I said "okay" and hung up. I sat there and thought about it for like two hours. I was pretty upset, cuz basicly I knew this meant they'd interview all the candidates they have scheduled for this week, they'll pick one of them and when I call next week they'll say, "the position has been filled." Well, after a lot of thought I decided to call them back to see if I could figure out what it meant by "we're just too booked" and see if I could schedule an interview for next week so I don't get swept under the rug. So, after building up all the courage I could muster I dialed the number and waited. Basicly they wouldn't even talk to me. She just said, "Oh, just call us in a week." and every time I tried to explain why I called back they just said, "just call next week." They were quite short with me and once again I hung up disapointed.
So as far as the "she-gets-the-short-end-of-the-stick" department, things are same 'ol same 'ol. However, yesterday when I told Parker about another lost interview, he gave me a number for a dentist in Burley. And I called them up and they're looking for someone to work full-time to fill a maternity leave for one of their hygienists. I have an interview scheduled on Thursday. Phew. As long as there's something in the horizon, I'm not too depressed. Granted it's only a three-month job, but it'll at least give me an opportunity to find something else and make some money (full-time money) while I'm looking. I'll let you know how it goes!
2 comments:
Oh Heather. I hope this road is coming to an end soon! Good luck on Thursday and keep your chin up! False hope is better than no hope at all.
I agree with Jill. This road has been way too long for you already.
Post a Comment