Thursday, November 6, 2008

You didn't ACTUALLY think I was gonna get the job did you?.....

I got my phone call today as I was driving to interview number TEN (part-time two days a week in Meridian). Someone in Burley got lucky.......of course it wasn't me, why would you even think that?! Great timing too, cuz I got to walk into a job interview with shaky hands and on the verge of tears. cc

5 comments:

The Wight Family said...

Hey friend! I think we should be friends...I'm doubting whether dental hygiene was the right profession to be in, living in southeast idaho. Maybe I'll go back to school and learn how to be something else!

Heather and Parker Lyons said...

I shoulda been a nurse. There's like six ads a day on craigs list for nurses. Same amount of school, money's not as good, but you can always find a job. Goodness sakes! And don't forget....we ARE friends!

Patrick Collier said...

Heather I have an inspirational quote for you... I tell it to myself a lot. "Just keep swimming!" -Dori (Finding Nemo) some days it helps. There's another couple of quotes I found on my mission that I love and I think I need to listen to more often.

"Perseverance is a positive, active characteristic. It is not idly, passively waiting and hoping for some good thing to happen. It gives us hope by helping us realize that the righteous suffer no failure except in giving up and no longer trying."
-Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

"Genius is only the power of making continuos efforts. the line between failure and success is so fine that we scarcely know when we pass it; so fine that we are often on the line and do not know it. How many a man has thrown up his hands at a time when a little more effort, a little more patience would have achieved success? A little more persistence, a little more effort and what seemed a hopeless failure may turn into a glorious success... There is no defeat except within, no really insurmountable barrier save one's own inherent weakness of purpose."
-unknown author

Don't worry Hebs you are way talented and I know you will make. You just have to hang in there. I don't think it is a reflection on you. You just had horrible timing for graduating... but you couldn't help it if the year you graduated was the year the economy chose to tank... so just hang on and things will work out for you.

Greg and Carlin said...

Bummer Heather:( I'm so sorry!

Ginger said...

Heather I keep following hoping that you have found a job. It will work out. In the meantime, be a little more positive...I get a little depressed when I read your blog. Love you. :)