
This post is to prove that Dr. Pepper is a HARRIS GENETIC ADDICTION, and it's not my fault.....we're all junkies. Let me show you what I mean. These pictures are from Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa Harris's house today. We had lots of extended family come (as always) to partake of the wall of food. Everybody brings lots, including their own case of Dr. Pepper.

The picture of the fridge illustrates just how bad this family's got it. You will see THREE cases of Dr. Pepper, PLUS a six-pack of diet-Dr. Pepper. Now I ask you, who would drink all this?....the HARRIS FAMILY! It's a four-generation problem. It started with Great Grandma Harris. And she drank that stuff....pretty much until her dying day. Her son, my grandfather, drinks it.....and as a result my father (and all his siblings mind you.....EXCEPT Eileen, who is still dedicated to her diet Coke ....the ONE AND ONLY exception) drink it. As a result my siblings and myself are left with no choice but to follow their lead. There's a group picture below, and I want you to observe the ROW of Dr. Peppers at the head of EVERY plate down that table. Oh, and the Pepsi mug in front of my dad.....is filled with Dr. Pepper. I just thought you all should know, it's in my genes. It runs in our blood, and Dr. Pepper would stay in business if it sold only to the Harris family.

Okay, so moving on. Thanksgiving was lots of fun this year. Caleb had a blast, even though he mostly played by himself. But Grandma Harris has LOTSof tractors and trucks for little boys to play with, and he LOVED it!

I also just HAD to post this adorable picture of Nathan and Megan's daughter, Kaleigh, because she is such a little DOLL!! Her aunt, Ashley, always does her hair SO CUTE, she looks like a little child model! She makes me want a girl REALLY bad. I really can't get over how cute she is.

Okay, so this is pretty much just a picture of everybody in Grandma's garage in line getting food. Let me list my thanksgiving staples:
1. turkey
2. rolls
3. potatoes and gravy
4. jello salad
5. green bean caserole
6. cheese-covered broccoli and carrots
7. deviled eggs
8. pumpkin pie
9. Dr. Pepper
This is what I had on my plate(s) today. Yes, I won't deny it....I needed two plates. And no, I don't like stuffing.....or cranberry sauce. However, I did eat so much that I'm STILL stuffed. Parker almost finished two plates (I thought he couldn't do it) and now we're both so sleepy I think we'll go ahead and slip right into that "turkey coma."

This last picture is all of us eating, and on the left is Derek and his girlfriend, Amanda Stokes. Now, since they pretty much told everyone at Grandma's house, I think I'll spread the word that Derek proposed to Amanda last night, and they're engaged! The wedding will be soon. Congratulations you guys! Amanda is awesome, she's very nice and incase you can't tell also VERY pretty. I'm glad they're both so happy!
Okay, these final videos were taken after dinner while all the two-year-old boys were running around and playing. Caleb and Blake had a blast together, so much in fact that Blake was crying when Caleb had to leave. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
2 comments:
Hebs that is soooo funny because really the only two Thanksgiving foods that I don't like are Cranberry sauce and stuffing! haha... I can't eat pumpkin pie but that's not because I don't think it tastes good it just makes me really sick to my stomach for some reason. anyway I just thought that was funny.
Mom and dad really missed you guys on Thanksgiving, especially after planning on your guys beng there for a couple weeks. That means you are with us for Christmas this year right since there's two families and you already spent Thanksgiving with yours?
Post a Comment