Day 10: A Blog A Day In May
Well I'm sorry to say that I left my memory card reader at my mom's house. So I have no way of getting my pictures off the camera. Sorry folks. Maybe I'll add them later.
As we were packing our luggage for our trip to Boise last weekend, I was standing in my closet trying to decide what to bring. I stood there staring at my many shirts hanging there (all organized in rainbow order from white, pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, gray.) And after about 2 minutes of not picking anything out I said to Parker, "I think I hate all my clothes." He started laughing. "That has GOT to be the girliest thing I've ever heard you say." I agreed. But I wasn't really kidding either. I haven't gone shopping since.....about a year ago. And I was pregnant at the time....so it doesn't really count. Now, I'm not a shop-a-holic....but I DO like to get new clothes. And it's been so long. so Parker said to me. "I'll tell you what, you can go shopping while we're in Boise for Mother's day, and get yourself some new clothes." YAY!! (Since this was the response I was fishing for the entire time anyway...) ** On a side-note I got a comment that there might be another post about shoes. This will not happen. Yes it's true, I love shoes too. But I'm far too practical to drop wadds of cash on something I won't wear. Carrying around 2 kids, a diaper bag, my purse, and whatever else I take to church is just too much for a stilhetto heel (I don't think I spelled that right but oh well). I actually have less shoes than my husband (he's got a shoe for every sport he plays! Golf shoes, biking shoes, basketball shoes, hiking boots, work boots, snow boots, church shoes, every-day shoes, sandals, and his slip-ons. I've got 2 pairs of church shoes: one black, and one brown. I've got a green pair of flatts, my tennis shoes, and my flip-flops. That's it. So there's my bit on shoes.**
So Saturday morning I took the kids to see my Grandparents in Middleton. And then we rushed back so that my mom and I could hit the mall, and Parker agreed to watch the kids while I was gone.
My first task: new earrings. I haven't shopped for earrings in OVER a year....and I LIKE my dangly earrings. All my old ones are quite tarnished, or one is missing. In other words trash. So I picked out 3 new pairs. Second task: socks. I have to wear tennis shoes to work every day, and I'm going through socks a lot faster than I used to. They all had holes in them. I found a sale at JCPenny's for gold-toes. buy one get one half off. So I bought two packages. Check. Third task: new tank tops. My tank tops are old and grimey. The ones with lace are worn out and freighed. So a quick stop to DownEastOutfitters and I got a new black one and a new white one. Fourth task: new shirts. This is the funnest part, but I spent the LEAST amount of time doing it. I found 2 tops at Costco (no you can't try them on...but Costco takes anything back) and one at DownEast. Now I'm set. All my shopping took maybe one hour. We spent the rest of our time in the mall looking at purses. (And you already know how that went....) I wish I could have gotten some new pants. Maybe some kahki's or something. I've got nothing but jeans. Oh well. Maybe next time. Capri season is almost here...and I've got PLENTY of those.
And the last Mother's day gift was when we got home. Parker paid all the bills, and then started washing all that laundry from our trip. Overall, a very good mother's day. Sorry no pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment