Tuesday, May 18, 2010

18. Growing Pains

Day 18. A Blog A Day In May


My dear little boy. I would say at least once a week he wakes up in the middle of the night crying out about pain in his leg. When he wakes up like this....there's no calming him down. I basicly have to hold him and let him cry until it goes away. Although we've never actually had a doctor tell us this, we're pretty sure it's just growing pains. Now, I don't remember having growing pains as a kid, but Parker says he does.

Last night he wasn't even asleep when he started having pains. I was lying him in bed and he said, "mommy, my weg hurts" I rubbed it and kissed it better, and then said goodnight and left. Not even five minutes later, he walked out of his room with tears in his eyes. So Parker picked him up, and then he just started to cry. It always breaks my heart, cuz there's nothing I can do.....but I had to snap a picture last night. Does anybody else's kids have this problem? Or remember it from when you were a kid? It's always his legs....anyway. I'm pretty sure it's just growing pains. He's such a sweetheart though.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Keith had that EXACT same thing. I remember him crying in pain on the couch some evenings. I remember him having a slight milk allergy too, and I think there was some connection cause when his leg hurt I can remember Mom asking if he had a lot of milk that day. There may have been no relation between the two, that is just what I remember.
Poor Caleb, that is no fun. :(

Melissa said...

I had those all the time when I was younger! They hurt sooo bad...poor little guy...I bet tylenol would help though (or whatever is safe to give kids...). Did you have leg pains when you were preggo? That's what it feels like...at least to me.