I'm sorry I'm having such a hard time getting my blog posts out the day-of! I work all day, and then if things are at all busy at home.....I didn't even have time to sit down at the computer yesterday.....let alone write a blog post. Sorry. What is that...srtike three for me? It's only day 11 so I'm sure there will be plenty more.
Well yesterday morning I woke up with a cold sore on my bottom lip. I don't get them very often...maybe once a year. They're always brought on my trauma. Bit my lip or peeled too much dry skin off my lip. It slowly got bigger and bigger throughout the day. By the end of the day it looked pretty nasty. Dr. T asked me if I wanted a perscription for it. OF COURSE! I HATE these things! And they take like 14 days to heal! He warned me it would probably be expensive. So here's a picture of the stuff.
Now....don't be fooled......this tube you're looking at is HALF the size of my pinky. That's right. It's TINY!! And here's the other shocker (brace yourself).....it was 39.99 AFTER my insurance paid 18.00!!! Can you believe it? Dr. T. says it's liquid gold though, and it'll heal my cold sore in about 5 days. Well.....at 40 bucks a pop it'd BETTER be good stuff! I considered just doing without....but since I do get cold sores at least on a somewhat regular basis, I decided I'd better bite the bullet and buy the stuff. Then I'd have it on hand when I get another one. Lets hope the stuff lasts!! I'll let you know if my cold sore is better in five days.
No comments:
Post a Comment