Day 4: A Blog A Day in May
Being a homeowner is definately a new experience. There are some great bright-sides to the picture. Example one. Weekends are for yard-work.....which is honestly something we have been dying to do for the past five years. When we bought this house, it was NOTHING flashy. The front yard was nothin' but grass and a couple rose-bushes (which we have since tore out). We decided to create some flower beds around the path to our front door. We picked out a few bushes from Lowe's and planted some of Grandma's excess lillies and then covered it all with this reddish rock. I've decided I like rock. You can water your plants and not worry about mud flying up and getting all over your pants. Bark looks good for the first couple months, and then it fades and looks like clumpy dirt. The big rocks were a buck a piece and we have transformed our front walkway.

Now this next topic is up for debate. (I'm wondering if I should save this topic for a different post, since I've got to do thirty separate posts....I might run out of information. But I'm not gonna. I took these pictures today so I'm gonna talk about it today. If I run out of stuff to talk about this month....I guess I'll deal with my regrets later). Our lawn is really nothing to be proud of....yet. But we're TRYING. We are making a genuine attempt to make it look good. It's really not hard to flip on the sprinklers every other day and cut the grass once a week. But our next-door neighbor's lawn is what I call "the yellow desert" It's full of dying grass and dandelions. I've taken a picture for you to see.....they really are much worse than they look like in the picture. Can you see the line between their lawn and ours?

Here's what I can't figure out. Their grass looks like it was alive and healthy a year ago. So my figure is that there's a different owner than last year....or they're actually TRYING to kill it in hopes for a fresh start later. Here's what ticks me off: dandelions SPREAD! The reason there are no dandelions in our yard in this picture is because Parker had just mowed the lawn. They're there. And here in Filer, where the wind ALWAYS blows, those yellow weeds change to flying seeds and drift down-wind into our yard. Thank you neighbors. Thank you for letting your lazy yellow mess spread to other yards in the neighborhood. Isn't this a little dis-courteous? Doesn't anybody else think so? Out here in little Filer, there is no HOA so complaints probably must go to the city. Does this warrant a complaint? I feel like it does. Come on people, water your grass! And dump some weed-killer on it. It's REALLY not that hard. Okay. I'm off my soap-box.
Lastly (yet again....I'm changing subjects in one post....we'll see if I run out of blogging material) I have to share this video.... Today I showed Caleb my stethescope and blood-pressure cuff. He was fascinated and was QUITE upset when we had to put them away and go to bed. I'm gonna have to hide them really well, because I KNOW he will be asking for them tomorrow morning.
Isn't he just so cute? Incase you aren't accustomed to understanding children's language. He said, "Oh no, six o'clock" I'm guessing he mistook the pressure gage for a clock. :)Here's another one.
No comments:
Post a Comment