Okay, well first of all I just want to start off by saying that this is ALL SHELLY'S FAULT! All her talk about buying junk and ten spray-painting it. Apparently it's contageous. Because today Parker and I made a trip to the DI for the SOLE PURPOSE of buying up junk so that we could spray paint it and make it look better. We didn't need any of this crap. But we bought it anyway (thank goodness each thing was only a buck or two) to see how much we could change it, before we chuck it back through the doors of the DI. Ok, not really but it's good to know that if it doesn't turn out....the DI is always happy to take our junk off our hands.
Ok, item #1:
A key hanger. Parker's always leaving his keys on the kitchen counter, and maybe we won't mis-place them as much with this thing. Although...the brass hooks aren't really that attractive, and there's a good chance even with a coat of spray paint it could still look pretty dumb. We'll see. This item was 50 cents.
Item #2:
A green sponge-painted lamp. Yes someone's already tried to paint it. with 2 different shades of green. We're going with white on this one. (Like I said, it's all Shelly's fault....and as a result we're pretty much trying all the things that she's already done. So I'm a copy-cat. Take it as a compliment I guess....I like her work). This was the most expensive item we got: 4 bucks.
Item #3:
Inverted picture frame with an ugly pheasant. This item was 3 bucks. I thought it was cool cuz most frames move in towards the wall as you go towards the edge. This one moves away from the wall the farther it goes out. Does that make sense? I'll take a better picture once we've painted it. I'm not entirely sure if we're gonna go black or white for this one. Still undecided. Suggestions?
Item #4:
They're gonna be used as shelves....I think. Although I have no idea what to put on them. But it wasn't till we got home that I realized they're actually book-ends. Who knew? We bought some hooks for the back and these will be painted black. I think I've got a spot for them too...I just don't know what to put on them yet. These were a dollar each.
Lastly I had to add some things to the already spray-painted list. The star on the left was my birthday present from Parker. It was a rusty brown. He spray painted it black. And then yesterday he finished painting our front door. It was originally blue..... just like the carpets and countertops....whose idea was THAT?! The house was built in 04 for pete's sake! Blue wasn't in style THEN either! What were they thinking? They weren't. The carpets are gone. And now the door is black and it matches my star. Only the countertops left now. When we were still deciding whether or not to buy this house we referred to it as "The blue-door house." Not anymore. It's black, and it looks awesome. Thank you Parker!
3 comments:
HE HE HE!!! Can I just tell you you made my day!? :)
Love the front door! I want to paint ours but am scared to death!! So I just had to say, it looks good! You should get one of those vinyl quotes that says 'welcome' and put in on your door too.
The key holder, you can take those hooks off and spray them a metal color of your choice or just go to home depot or somewhere and get different ones.
And those are really bookends?? I would have guessed candle sconces!
And I vote white or off white for your picture frame! :D but that's not a surprise!
And the lamp, just make sure you tape over the top electrical part and the cord....I accidentally sprayed my brown cord white!
I'm excited to see how they turn out!
Looking good--I can't wait to see all the home improvements in person!
oooh, I want some junk. Too bad Alex would NEVER go for that.
Post a Comment