This evening I got to hang out with my double-cousin, Ashley, who also has a baby girl. Her name is Brylie, and she's five weeks old. I haven't gotten to spend much time with Ashley since we've all become grown-ups. But today it was like we were kids again. Ashley and I used to play "house" together ALL THE TIME! We played with our dolls together from the time we were small children until we were about twelve or thirteen years old. We lived on the farm together, so we were the only neighbors eachother had. And I think I spent almost EVERY weekend over at their house. Many times I spent the night too. Always there pretending, and playing with our dolls. And now we're both mommies, and we've got girls of our own. I hope Angie and Brylie can be as good of friends as Ashley and I were. Angie and Brylie are second cousins.....but since Ashley and I are DOUBLE cousins (related on BOTH sides) wouldn't that make our girls SECOND-DOUBLE-COUSINS? I guess that's what you'd call it.
Friday, May 7, 2010
7. Second-double-cousins
Day 7: A Blog A Day In May
This evening I got to hang out with my double-cousin, Ashley, who also has a baby girl. Her name is Brylie, and she's five weeks old. I haven't gotten to spend much time with Ashley since we've all become grown-ups. But today it was like we were kids again. Ashley and I used to play "house" together ALL THE TIME! We played with our dolls together from the time we were small children until we were about twelve or thirteen years old. We lived on the farm together, so we were the only neighbors eachother had. And I think I spent almost EVERY weekend over at their house. Many times I spent the night too. Always there pretending, and playing with our dolls. And now we're both mommies, and we've got girls of our own. I hope Angie and Brylie can be as good of friends as Ashley and I were. Angie and Brylie are second cousins.....but since Ashley and I are DOUBLE cousins (related on BOTH sides) wouldn't that make our girls SECOND-DOUBLE-COUSINS? I guess that's what you'd call it.
I wish we could've gotten a picture of the two babies together on the floor....but they were both crying when we took this picture, and so we had to calm them down and didn't get any more pictures taken. Oh well. We got one good one! I hope our girls get to play together throughout their childhood. Aren't they just so cute? (Ignore me and my un-kept pony-tail and baggy shirt...which I am taking to the DI when I get home......I totally realized how un-flattering it is today......what was I thinking when I bought this thing?!) But the babies are cute, so we'll just focus on that. :)
This evening I got to hang out with my double-cousin, Ashley, who also has a baby girl. Her name is Brylie, and she's five weeks old. I haven't gotten to spend much time with Ashley since we've all become grown-ups. But today it was like we were kids again. Ashley and I used to play "house" together ALL THE TIME! We played with our dolls together from the time we were small children until we were about twelve or thirteen years old. We lived on the farm together, so we were the only neighbors eachother had. And I think I spent almost EVERY weekend over at their house. Many times I spent the night too. Always there pretending, and playing with our dolls. And now we're both mommies, and we've got girls of our own. I hope Angie and Brylie can be as good of friends as Ashley and I were. Angie and Brylie are second cousins.....but since Ashley and I are DOUBLE cousins (related on BOTH sides) wouldn't that make our girls SECOND-DOUBLE-COUSINS? I guess that's what you'd call it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, they are SO cute! I'm sure they will be GREAT friends. Lydia and Aleena just LOVE each other, and they don't get to see each other very often any more. But just mention the name and the both just get so excited.
Friends are great, but there is just something special about a cousin. :)
Post a Comment