Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Blog-a-day in MAY.....1. Product Recall

The other day we saw on the news that our crib has been recalled. All Simplicity cribs have pretty much been labeled a safety hazard. Super. Our crib was kinda falling apart anyway. And it's only been through one kid. Anyone who has ever had a toddler knows that kids JUMP in those cribs. Here's what our crib looked like.

The joints weren't holding like they should anyway, and since we bought this thing I've had a change in taste. I don't really care for the round rails and that color of wood anymore. So we took it back to Shopko where we bought it. They actually gave us the full-price in-store-credit (despite the fact that we were missing the toddler bed side-rails and the wheely-drawer that goes underneath it) which was surprizing....but good cuz we PAID full-price for it.

Then we went to the back of the store and picked out a new one. Of course there's nothing that cheap in the store anymore, so we had to pay more for the new crib. But it looks SOOO much better!! Here's the one we got:
Parker's setting it up as we speak. I'm glad to have a new, better looking, more sturdy crib for my babies. I think stores actually make quite a bit of money on product recalls. For those who are curious, simplicity cribs were sold at WalMart, Shopko, and Target stores. Do YOU have one? You might be entitled to a new crib!



3 comments:

Shelly said...

Gasp!! Did you have your receipt still?? Any other information? The box? Packaging?

We bought one but it was 6 years ago and was a gift and part of it is broken and we've replaced it with our last kid with something else...

Hmmmm....wouldn't that be the thing!

(nice new crib btw!!)

Anna Beal said...

Oh its so cute Heather. I'm so jealous ;) I love it!

Shelly said...

Thank you, THank you THANK YOU!!!
Can you guess what we did today?? :)
I KNEW I was saving that old crib for a REASON!
We went to our storage shed and got all the pieces and hardware out and took it down to Walmart! It was kinda an issue b/c the lady helping us didn't know what she was doing so it took FOREVER, but we got it returned and got a gift card for $129! (don't know why the price difference, but who cares!) Half of it is gone already on essential stuff like razors and weed and feed, but since the crib was a gift, it was free right!
so THANK YOU! If it weren't for you it would still be sitting in our storage shed taking up space for no good reason! I owe you! So next time you're in town come over and I'll feed you dinner or make you some brownies! :)